Lonely

"Hey One?"

   "Yes, Two?" One turned his head. 

   "Do you ever get... lonely here?" Two asked staring over his friends shoulder. 

   "No. Why would I?" One replied blinking. 

   "We're the only ones." Two responded looking around at the gray haze that surrounded them. "Don't you think its weird?"

   "No, Two, I don't. Its always been this way. Us and the Empty. It will always be this way. Isn't this enough?" One sighed lowering his wings. 

   Has it always been this way? Two couldn't remember anything from before the Empty. He could remember his first conversation with One... Though back then they didn't have names. 

   The dark figure opened his eyes. What is this place? It wasn't even a specific color just... haze. Wait. That's not hazy.

   There was a light. The dark figure floated closer unsure if he was really moving or not. He had to be. The light was getting bigger. Closer. As he got closer features emerged. Wings. Everything about this somebody was covered in a bright overwhelming light. 

   "Who are you?" The bright figure asked. Nothing changed except for the slight flicker of the bright figures eyes. They were violet. He looked the dark figure up and down. He was obviously male because of the voice. 

   "I... I dunno." The dark figure didn't know how he knew  what a male was or what the color violet looked like. 

   "You just woke up, didn't you? The bright figure said. 

   The dark figure nodded. "I did. Did... You wake up before me?"

   The light figure hummed in the back of his throat. "Yes. I suppose that makes me number One and you number Two." Two didn't know how... but he felt like One smiled during that.

   "You know that's not what I mean One. You will always be my favorite. I just feel like something is missing... How do you not get it?" Two sighed looking over at the angelic form of his friend. 

   "You always say that." One sighed turning his head away. 

   Two gave up. He hated when they argued. He really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. "Sorry One."

   One turned back again. "It's fine Two."

   Two sighed. He couldn't help that lonely feeling. He knew he had One but something felt... missing. He needs to learn to live with One. Only One. One is all he has. One and Two.... and the Empty.