Not Real

Matthew found Matt on the balcony two days later. "Matt?"

   "I can't find him anywhere..." Matts voice trembled. He needed One. Sure One was angry and skeptical sometimes but One was there for him in the Empty. Stars he loved One. 

   "Find who?" Mattie asked walking over to stand by the railing. 

   "One." Matt murmured. 

   Mattie blinked. "Matt... Have you thought that you might have hallucinated One? The Virus could have put him in your mind to trip you up."

   "Don't say that about him!" Matt snapped. He had always been so careful. So careful not to snap at Mattie. But he couldn't do it without One.

   "Matt..." Mattie started again. 

   "Don't talk about him like that. I just... I miss him so much that my soul hurts. And I know that sounds strange but its true. It feels like he just told me he loves me and then he's gone! I lost him. Mattie I have to believe he's still out there. I believed you were out here so I have to believe that One is out there." Matt felt choked up. He could barely breathe. "Mattie he has to be out there. Tell me he's out there."

   Mattie couldn't watch Matt spiral like this. He crossed the balcony and pulled Matt close. "It's going to be okay. If he's out there... We'll find him."