What For?

"Hey One?"

   "Yes Two?"

   "What do you think we're here for? There has to be a purpose right, or else we wouldn't exist!" Two started.

   One sighed. This was a recurring question actually. It was one of Two's hardest as well. "Two we've talked about his before."

   "But you never answer me! There has to be something. Why are we here? Why do we look like this? Why can we talk but not have any features except eyes?"

   "You do have features," One sighed.

   Two blinked pausing his tangent. "What?"

   "I can see the outline of your hair. And your wings have thinner feathers than mine. You're also taller." One described.

   Two blinked. He hadn't realized that One was that perceptive. "You noticed all that?"

   "Well yes. It's obvious and clear. A fact." One glanced at his dark friends face.

   Two looked deep in thought. Oh no. Hes going to ask another question. "Why are we so different? Who do you think made us? Who put us here?"

   One sighed wishing Two would stop woth the questions. "Hush Two. My head hurts." He turned away from his dark companion.

   Two's wings shuddered. He hadn't meant to upset One so. "I'm sorry One..." His voice trembled.

   One blinked. Oh no. That's not what he wanted to happen. "Whatever for?"

   "I upset you again." Two was only good at upsetting One. Why did he ask questions? Why was he made like this? Why did he have to be like this?

   One turned and grabbed his dark friends hand. The bright glow cancelled the all consuming light out rendering the place they were touching a dull gray like the rest of the Empty. "Two. It's alright. You didn't upset me. I just don't see the need to ask these questions. We are content here, are we not?"

   Two stared at where their hands were interlocked. "What is this?"

   One looked down. "I believe it's called holding hands."

  Two's eyes brightened the slightest bit. He must be smiling. "I think I like this."

   One stared at Two's face. "Yes. I do too."