Companionship

"Hey One?"

   "... Yes Two?" One could still hear the slight static in the background.

   "You know I care about you right?" Two asked looking at his angelic companion.

   One turned. "Of course I do."

   "I don't mean to upset you when I ask questions."

   One's chest tightened. He hated that tone in Twos voice. It felt familiar. "I know. I'm not upset." Should he tell Two what he saw?

   Two sighed in relief. "That's good."

   One glanced around. The Empty was still static looking. "Two. Something happened..."

   Two raised a brow. "What do you mean One?"

   "There was this... Glitch? You were saying something to me. Something like M... M–" The static roared and glitches appeared in Ones vision.

   One cut himself off. "Nothing. Nevermind." His head hurt.

   Two felt disappointed... "One are you sure?"

   "Yes."

   "But you wanted to–"

   One cut Two off by pressing his lips to Two's. "Be quiet Two."

   Two's face flushed a pale white. "One– You..  You kissed me!"

   One was relieved. He got Two's mind off of what he said. His vision was beginning to clear again. The bluish fog in the corner of his eyes faded away.

   "That I did."

   "B-But why!?"

   "I don't know."

   "What do you mean you don't know!?" Two was clearly flustered.

   "Two." One cupped Two's cheeks. "I kissed you because you're brilliant."

   Two put his hands over Ones. "What?"

   "You don't get it now. The glitch will get rid of this Two. Whoever is in charge doesn't want you to know. I don't even know. Two I lo–"

   There was a screech and the blue fog filled Ones vision. He could hear the static crackle. And then his mind went blank.

   "Hey One?"

   "Yes Two?"

   "You know I care about you right?"

   One looked down at his hands. "Yes two..."