Grayscale

"Hey One?"

   "Yes Two?"

   "Why do you think the Empty is gray? Why do yiu think we're in black in white but we know about all the colors? We have to have seen other colors at some point to know what they are."

   One blinked. Two had a point with that one. They had to have seen other colors at some point. "Perhaps we dreamt the colors up."

   Two's eyes sparkled. "You saw my point though. It is strange isn't it?" He loved the few times that One paused after his questions. He'll get to One eventually.

   "Two–"

   "No you did! It makes sense that we've seen the other colors before. Green Eyes shows up in my dreams sometimes. Green Eyes must be real if he keeps showing up!"

   "He?"

   "Yeah."

   "How do you know it's a he?"

   "I dunno... He just feels like a he." Two sighed. "I know him. I'm sure of it. He feels... Important."

   "Two there is no one else."

   "Yet. There could be someone else."

   One didn't feel like arguing. He laced their fingers again. He enjoyed the feeling the touch gave. "Two..."

   Two sighed softly and squeezed his hand. "Yes One?"

   One reached and brushed some hair away from Twos face. He let go of Twos hand and put both hands on his face. His face was put into clear view. His features were sharp but he had a gentle gaze and a soft upward twitch of his lips.

   "What are you doing?" Two sounded amused.

   One watched his lips move. It was strange seeing the dark figure talk. "Looking." He wanted to memorize the details of his companions face. He pulled his hands away and watched the void take over again.

   "Why?" Two asked softly.

   "Because I want to know what you look like under the void." One answered. The explanation was as simple as that.

   Two brought his hands to Ones face and cupped his cheeks. His face was a slightly paler shade of gray with darker flecks. His eyebrows raised slightly in a silent question.

   "You look nice." Two hummed. The lavender eyes popped from the gray face better than the unending light.

   Ones lips twitched in a small smile. He brought his hands back to Two's face. "So do you."

   Two couldn't help the grin on his face.