Static

"Hey One?"

   "Yes Two?" The response sounded less aggrivated than usual.

   "Why do you think they put us together?" Two and One were back to back at the moment.

   "Who is 'they'?" One asked turning to his friend.

   "I don't know. Whoever put us here?" Two seemed... down.

   "Two... is something wrong?"

   "I don't know. I haven't seen Green eyes in a while. It's like he... faded away."

   "Two... " One didn't have the heart to tell Two that Green eyes was something his inquisitive mind made up. "I'm sure that Green Eyes is fine."

   "You think?" Two asked looking up. Pale gray drops fell from his eyes.

   One had never seen Two cry. Neither of them have ever cried before. Crying was new and yet... he knew what it was.

   One moved to wipe the drops away, the void fading in places he touched. "Two you don't need to cry about this."

   "But Green Eyes was always there." Two whispered his wings trembling.

   One sighed. "And I'm always here. Two I am real. I will always be here. Remember. It's you and me."

   One did have a point. Two's speculations were just that, speculations. Nothing could be proven. As far as fact, One and Two were it. Nothing else existed.

   "Two? Are you alright?" One cupped his companions cheeks to see his face better.

   Two's lips were trembling. "Are we really all there is? There has to be more. There has to."

   "Oh Two..." One wrapped his arms around the others neck. "It's okay. It's going to be okay."

   "But this can't be all there is!" Two clutched onto One like a lifeline.

   "It is Two. This is it." One had never touched Two this much. They had never hugged before.

  "But there has... there has to be something else... " Two is trembling lightly. "I know it. I know that M–"

   And there is a screeching sound. A bright flash of some color. The word 'teal' comes to mind. The world glitches and comes back into focus.

   "Hey One?"

   One is disoriented. What just happened? "Yes Two?" His voice is slightly shaky.

   "Why do you think they put us together?"

   One turned and stared at his friend. "You asked me that already... "

   "No I didn't." Two blinked in confusion.

   Oh something is wrong here. One knows it. "Oh. I... Think they put us together to be companions."

   Two nodded glad he got an answer. "Thanks One. "

   One didn't respond. There was a certain static in the Empty. Something went wrong and made... whoever's in charge change it. Two was right. There is more...