Waiting

"Hey One?"

   "Yes, Two?"

   "Do you think that we're waiting for something?" Two stared off into the grayish haze that always surrounded them. "For something to happen?"

   One blinked. "Why do you ask that?" He had been making a point to be more patient with Two.

   "My questions always talk about how there's supposed to be more. Maybe that's what we're waiting for. We're waiting for the "More" to come." Two turned and focused on his angelic friend.

   One could never understand why Two was so sure there was supposed to be more. The Empty is all that was, is, and ever will be. "Two. There is nothing more. The Empty is it. I know we've talked about this."

   "No no. I'm talking about in the future. Something else is coming. One why don't you believe me?" Two sighed.

   "Two I tell you this every time... " One hated having to be the 'bad guy.'

   "I know but One something doesn't feel right." Two sighed and trailed off.

   One looked at his dark companions form. He seemed... smaller? More hunched?

   One sighed and twined their fingers together. The light and void cancelled each other out and turned to a grey mesh again. One could make out the shapes of their fingers without the light and darkness consuming them.

   Two looked down at their hands. "Thanks One..." He murmured softly.

   "Mm." One hummed. "Can I try something?"

   Two blinked. "Of course One." Two trusted his light companion with his mortal life. Are they even mortal? Can they die?

   One reached his other hand up and touched Twos cheek. The light dissipated revealing the slight curve of Twos cheek and the corner of his lips. "It works."

   Two smiled and put his other hand over Ones. "What did?"

   One could see Two smile that time. "I can see your face like this. Part of it at least."

   Two smiled a bit wider.