Nothing But The Empty

"Hey ______?"

   "Yes ____?"

   Two snapped open his eyes the word dying in his throat. What happened? What did he just see? A... nightmare? Could he even have nightmares? 

   "Two?" One turned to his dark friend. "Something the matter?"

   "I don't think so..." Two murmured watching his bright friends eyes scan him.

   "You sounded distressed,"  One sighed.

   "I had... a nightmare." Two pulled his knees to his chest.

   "A nightmare?" One blinked and then his gaze softened. "Would you like to talk about it?"

   Two blinked. One was being kind. He liked it when One was kind. He nodded his head lightly. "It was really bright. Not like the Empty. Like you sorta. And there were these green eyes. They stared at me and I heard voices. One what do you think it was about?"

   One hummed.  "Something you made up, I'm sure. There is nothing but the Empty."

   "But it felt so real. And I recognized those green eyes... How could I recognize them. I've never even seen the color green."

   "Two I've already told you. You imagined it." One hummed.

   Two didn't understand One's lack of imagination. It's almost like someone stole it from him. "One you don't get it!"

   "Two." One said harshly. He sighed smoothing his wings carefully. "Please stop."

   Two looked away and shut up.

   One couldn't see it but he could tell Two was pouting. His eyes had dimmed. He didn't like seeing his dark companion upset. "I'm sorry Two."

   Two looked up. "It's fine One." Two couldn't even remember what word the green eyes said. It might have been a name. It was like the word was blacked out. Maybe he did make it up?

   "Two?" One started.

  "Yes?" Two looked up dropping out of his inquisitive haze.

   One sighed seeing the light dim in Twos eyes again. His eyes were so much brighter when he was thinking. "Nevermind."

   Two sighed. "Sorry, One."

   One didn't reply.