Lavender and Teal

"Hey One?"

   "Yes, Two?"

   "Your eyes. They're lavender. Everything else is black and white. Why are your eyes different?" Two asked turning to his angelic friend. 

   One made a small sound. "I don't know Two. They just are. Why are you asking?"

   "Don't you wonder why? Why do we even know what the name of that color is? Why are your eyes different? Why do we look like this?" Two was sure they weren't supposed to look like this. Faces were supposed to have other features. He was sure that One wasn't supposed to give off this blinding light. 

   "Why do you always ask questions? Why are you always questioning life? Things are this way because that's how things were made. " One's wings fluffed up a bit. He got agitated every time Two started this. 

   "I'm sorry One..." Two sighed. 

   One thought that was the end of it. 

   "What color are my eyes?" Two asked looking over at his bright friend. 

   One glanced at the dark figure. That wasn't a. . . bad question. "Teal." He had never seen it before. However the prospect of Two and that color fit together.

   Two's eyes sparkled with excitement. "See! You had a question! Something didn't seem right to you."

   One glowed brighter and turned away, his wings fluffing up more. "Hush Two. I simply answered your question." 

   "You did though! I saw the look in your eyes! I get that all the time. It was about my eyes right? What did you see?" Two's voice bubbled with excitement.

   One sighed. He shouldn't have paused so long. Still... the brightness in Two's eyes was nice to see. The excitement in his voice was a welcome sound as he prattled on about questions. 

   One smiled slightly through the glow. He was quite fond of his dark friend. 

   "Two. Calm down."

   Twos wings puffed a bit in embarrassment. "Sorry One." He looked away carefully. 

   "It's fine." One turned away to think.