The Fog

"Hey One?"

   "Yes Two?"

   "... The blue fog disappeared."

   One wasn't aware that Two could see the blue fog. He looked around and noticed the blue fog was gone. The staticky crackle in his head was gone as well. It was just One Two and the Empty.

   "You could see the fog right? Or did I imagine that too?" Two sounded slightly bitter.

   "I could see it... You're right. It is gone." One turned to his dark companion.

   "What created the fog? One what is going on?" Two asked.

   One looked to the side. "Two... Someone has been controlling us. You were right. There is something out there."

   Twos eyes lit up. "I told you! I knew there was something out there! I knew it One!" He sounded so excited.

   One reached and cupped Two's face. "Two this could be dangerous. Did you not hear me say its controlling us? It made me restart two conversations with you!"

    "What are you talking about? Restart?" Two blinked his lips curled into a frown.

   "Two it made me take back what I said. It was almost like I never told you I loved you!" One tossed his hands up.

   Two flushed. "You what?"

   "I love you. You and me. I've always loved you and I don't want to lose you so i told myself nothing was out there but you're always so excited about it and I don't know what to do!"

   Two gasped and gripped Ones arms. "Hey. Hey One don't freak out like that! It's fine, it's okay! I love you too."

   One held Twos face in his hands. "Two. Something feels wrong."

   Two held his hands over Ones. "What? What can I do?"

   "I don't know!" One cried. A portal opened up behind One.

   "One. Look out." Twos fingers slipped as One was pulled backward.

   One clutched onto Twos hands. "Two. Two where are we going?" A portal had appeared behind Two as well.

   "I don't know!" Two cried tears dripping down his face creating a break in the void.

   One held onto Twos hands. "It's going to be okay Two. Its going to be alright! I promise!"

   Twos fingers slipped and they both went backwards. "One!!!"

   "Two!" One called reaching for Two. And then they were gone.

   Forever turned into nothing in a few seconds fast.