The Hidden Sand

The kazekage and his entourage from the leaf were about to leave.

Tobirama had come to see them off,as well as Mito.She gently patted Kanoko's head.

'Be careful.'

Kanoko smiled.'I will.'Mito turned to Hashirama.'Take care of her,but knowing you,you're the one that who'd need someone to look after them,'She muttered.

Hashirama smiled embarrassedly.

Tobirama said  quietly to Kanoko,'I'd like you to do something.'

'What is it?'

'I'd like it if you could give me a report on the situation there after you come back.'

Kanoko was startled for a moment,but she quickly gained her composure.'Alright.'

                                                       ***************************

After several days,they finally reached their destination.

'There it is,'Hashirama pointed out.But he didn't need to.

Kanoko was awed.In the middle of the vast desert,an entire village had suddenly become visible,as if by magic.

Reto turned towards them and said proudly,'Welcome to the Hidden sand.'

                                                       ***************************

Kanoko's feeling of amazement only grew for the next two days.

The village was thriving.Though Reto was not thought of highly in Konoha,he was obviously a great leader who did his best for his people.He was very popular.

After two days,one day,during dinner,Reto announced,'Tomorrow we'll be going to visit the site and see how the work is going.'

'Has there been problems again?'Hashirama asked.

Reto said quietly,'You'll see for yourself tomorrow.'

(Sorry,this sucks!Hopefully it'll get better in next part :< )