Chapter 1

My redo of The End Of The World.

- Anissa

Everything seemed normal. Seemed ok. Until the day came. Rotting corpses came after our flesh. Its just like yesterday in my mind.

I woke up with bodies covering me. I scream and kicked away at the dead bodies. Most of them I knew. So many bodies. Which of them dripped and covered in crimson red. Piled on top of each other. Bloody hand prints were across the room.

I coughed and ran out the room. It smelled like rotting corpses. Dead people. The hallways were always empty. As if you could whisper or scream and silence would only follow. Then I heard it. Whimpering. So much whimpering. I followed the sounds until I found Ethan barricaded himself in a room on the red side of the freshmen academy.

"Ethan.?" I questioned as I saw him in the corner of the room. He looked up at me his eyes full of tears. I felt bad for my friend. Ethan looked innocent like a child. And he was always pretty awesome. He could do some amazing hair flips. So seeing him this way made me sad.

"Anissa!" He said while ran down his cheeks.

"Yeah,its me. Don't cry Ethan. I don't know what happened but I won't leave you like this." I said. I went to hug Ethan. He actually let me hug him. He never liked to be hugged. He smiled then got up.

"What happened Ethan?" I asked him as we sat down in plastic chairs.

"I not sure. I found out most people were dead and barricaded myself in here and cryed." He said. I sighed and looked around. It was actually pretty clean in here dissipate most of the other rooms.

"I see. Do you know where the others went?"

"No, I don't. I don't know where the others are." I looked at him then around the room.

"Let's look for them." I said. Ethan nodded and we both got up. Ethan pushed a piece of hair out of his eyes. In the commans room it was empty like the rest of the freshmen arcademy. Then I looked outside and saw someone. I saw the hat and face and saw that it was Hayden. He turned around and looked at me. His eyes were now lifeless and his skin pale.

"Hayden!" Ethan said and looked at him in horror. He groaned and smacked into the freshmen doors.

"What happened to him?!"

"I'm not sure. Ethan I don't think its safe to go outside yet with something to protect us. I don't think Hayden is Hayden anymore." Ethan nodded and went to grab something. He grabbed very sharp scissors. I grabbed them and looked at Ethan. He nodded and got beside me. He opened one of the freshmen academy doors and Hayden tryed to bite us. I kicked Hayden and he fell. I quickly put the scissors aside his head. Ethan looked at the ground. Hayden was not my friend really but Ethan's. He was dumb and didn't know shit.

"I'm so sorry Ethan." I said sadly and saw Ethan cough.

"Its fine." He said and gagged. He looked like he about to puke. I patted his back to help him. Then I recommend we can't stay at the school. He agreeded and we walked to the gym.

I leaned my war against the door hearing for any sound. No sound was heard so I handed Ethan the scissors and reached for the door handle. It was locked so we Ethan had walked up the stairs.

We walked for awhile until we reached the vending machines next to the ROTC room.

"Want to get snacks?" I asked.

"Yep." He said and smiled. I kicked the vending machine and nothing happens. Then Ethan and I shook it. Nothing.

"Dollar?"

"Hold up." Ethan reached into his pocket and had a dollar. We put it in the machine and got sour worms.

"Why didn't we try this before?" I asked him faceplaming myself in the face.

"I don't know." Ethan laughed. Then we went all the way until the front of the school.

"Now what?"