Chapter 3

I woke up to zombie groaning. I rubbed my eyes and looked at Ethan was still asleep on the couch. He must have been exhausted. I got Ethan's baseball bat. The baseball bat was made out of wood and hit pretty hard. I looked out the window. In the street there was about twenty zombies. I quickly put the blanket over the window and shook Ethan.

"Ethan get up." I said shaking him. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Huh what is it?" He yawned.

"Ethan you need to get up theres like twenty zombies outside right now. So come on!" He quickly got up and looked for his baseball bat. I had it so I gave it back to him and took my pistol.

"Let's go through the back." I said. We went to the back to find five ten zombies.

"Shit." I had too two at least of them and Ethan killed the rest. The noise as expected drew more of them in our direction. Me and Ethan ran as fast we could away from them. We ran towards the woods. We sat down panting trying to catch our breath. We saw the zombies pass by.

"That was close." I said trying to catch my breath. Ethan sighed and looked at the woods.

"Now what?"

"Well,it looks like we have to stay here." I said and got up. I pulled Ethan up and went farther in the forest. Birds flew by once in awhile. They were just crowd though looking for their next meal. They gave me a eerie feeling. That and it kinda gloomy out. The leaves crunched underneath our shoes. It was morning but a gloomy morning as I could tell it rain.

Later we found tents. "Shhh Ethan get down." I whispered and pulled him down so both of us were on the ground.

"Is there people in there?" He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe wait a minute before getting up." I replied back. We waited and no one came out. So we got up and grabbed our weapons and poked the tents. I looked at Ethan and gave watch out for me face as I unzipped the tent. Nothing was in there expect a dead corpse. There was a gun in one hand and the person was leaning against the tent. The corpse was rotting and looked like a zombie but couldn't be one the account they shoot themselves.

Bullet to the brain.

"Ethan its safe." I called out to Ethan. There was about three other tents. Nothing was in them. I picked a tent then Ethan and decided to set up camp here for the night. In the morning we would be back on our way. In the morning we sat by the fire we made and talked about what to do.

"Ethan do think our family will be there?" I asked him.

"I don't know your the one who wanted to go to Atlanta." Its true I did. I suggested it because the government hopefully set up a safe place or base for in case of disaster.

"I think maybe our families are there. Then again its just a guess."

"What about our friends?"I looked at Ethan and sighed heavily. I didn't want to tell him there is a chance they may be dead. We saw what happened to Hayden. Even though he wasn't that important and he was weird.

"Ethan they may be dead." I just blurted out. He looked down at the ground lost. His eyes looked like they lost hope.

"Then again we're not sure. And I'm not going to give up until I find them!" I said determined.

"So they may be dead or not." Ethan mumbled.

"Yes,but theres a chance we can find them. I sure of it. I don't know for sure where they went though. I Ashley if I'm positive went to the woods or back to her house."

"So where do go to next?" He asked.

"Easy. First we go to Ashley's."

"Alright do you know where that is cause I don't."

"Yeah. I do. I have her address right here." I pulled out a folded piece of paper that she gave me for her birthday party. One the back of the piece of paper had where to go.

"See." I showed him the way to go.

"Ethan we need to find a car. Can you drive?" Ethan clasped his hands together and looked around.

"Maybe." He murmured.

"Good enough for me now come on." I said and tugged on his arm. We found a car but it had dead body in it. Ethan gagged again then coughed. I dragged the body away from the car.

"Ethan you ok?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah. I just need to breath." He coughed.

"Alright. Here's the keys." I said and tossed him the keys. He caught them and put them in the ignition.

"Please have gas." I thought to myself. The last we need is to have a car that has no gas and we have no way of getting there. I need to know if my friend is safe. The car started up and Ethan and me high fived. Ethan drive while I told him the directions. We made it and I saw the place. Ashley's neighborhood turned into a walking graveyard.

Zombies came and saw us. They made their way for our car.

"Alright don't pace. Hit the brake." Ethan did as I said.

"Shit." I mumbled. Then I handed Ethan the baseball bat and I got the pistol. We got out then I shoot three of them bastards. Ethan swung while I shoot bullets. Then a zombie came towards Ethan and tugged on his jacket and made him go behind me. As I was about to shoot it a arrow came through its head making it fall down with a thump.

My eyes widened in relief and shock. Who? Then I see her. Ashley was kneeling on the ground bow in hand with arrows. It looks like she isn't dead.

I looked over at her. She loaded up more arrows and hit the other zombies surrounding us. I shoot the rest hoping that was it. Then I ran. I ran not from zombies J ran because she's alive. She saved us.

"Ashley!!" I shouted with tears now running down my cheeks. I ran and hugged her tightly.

"Anissa why are you crying?" She asked me as now I was sobbing.

"Your alive. I thought you were dead." I sobbed louder now.

"I thought I was too." She said. Then wiped away my tears then looked at me.

"Don't worry I'm alright." She said. Then I looked behind her and bit my lip and looked away. Jackson just looked from my gaze then looked at Ethan. If zombies weren't hard enough now I would have to see him. We haven't talked ever since we broke up. ( True story.) I hugged Ashley tighter hoping maybe things could back to normal. Back to the way they were.