Chapter 4

I woke up to mumbled talking. I got and looked around. I was in Ashley's room on her floor. I guess I fell asleep. I went into the living very quietly. I saw Ashley talking to three other people. Her dad, and her siblings. Then I saw a man. They were talking about something and Ashley made a sour face. I hid behind the couch and only looked at them with my head. They were in the kitchen.

"I'm going to find my daughter Mark!!" I heard the man now yell. I didn't hear what else he was saying as I was paying attention to Ashley.

"Ashley you can stay with us." Her dad said softly.

"Dad I promised my friends I'll stay with them." She reasoned. He sighed heavily. Ashley is going to leave us? I felt the sudden need to go over there and pull her arm and telling her dad no she's staying with us with us we need her.

"Ashley."

"Dad I promised. I can't just break it." And she made her eyes soft.

"We'll talk about this later." He said and looked at the man. Ashley looked at the ground and bit her lip. Her sister looked at her.

"Ash-"

"Don't." Ashley said before she could even finish the sentence. Then I left the couch and went back to her room so they hopefully wouldn't notice I was awake. Ashley came into the room and looked at me.

"I knew you heard." She murmured. I sighed and looked at her mirror.

"Yeah I did."

"Don't worry I'll make sure I won't leave you guys." She said. I really hope she won't.

"Anissa.." She mumbled. She went over and hugged me tightly.

"Why are you crying?" She asked me.

"I'm what?" I mumbled and then felt my cheeks. Sure enough I was crying. She looked at me and wiped away my tears.

"Don't worry it be alright." She said. And when she said that it was a mother would say. Before the zombies came she would pretend to be my mom and I was her daughter. It was a joke but now we serious about it and she did care about like a daughter and I cared about her like my mom.

- Ashley

I hugged Anissa as she was crying. She didn't even know she was crying. I cared about her like a daughter. I didn't want to leave my friends and I wouldn't. I do love my family but I promised my friends I'll stay with them.

Right now I knew Anissa needed me. And she doesn't want me to leave. She heard about everything. I knew she probably would. Mr. Smith was a little loud.

"Hey Ashley." She said after she done crying.

"Yeah?"

"Where's everyone else?" She asked. I forgot that everyone was outside while she still asleep.

"Outside." I said.

"Alright." She said and looked like she was ready to get up. I let go of her and she got up and went outside. I decided I should get up myself and probably go outside too.

- Anissa

I went outside and saw Ethan,Jazmyn and then Jackson. Jackson only looked at me for a second then went back to looking around. I looked away and took and deep breath and went to talk to Jazmyn or Ethan.

"What time did you guys wake up?" I asked them.

"Well not to long ago." Ethan shrugged.

"Anissa your awake!" Jazmyn said and smiled. I hugged Jazmyn then heard Ashley come outside. Everyone looked at her and she looked like she about to say something.

"Guys let's go." She said.

"Where?" Ethan asked.

"Away from here." She said.

"Ashley what about-"

"Don't worry Anissa I'm going anywhere." She said.

"Where then?" I asked her seriously.

"A Hotel."