Chapter 10

I watched over the hotel as I watched out window. Everyone was fast asleep. I looked over at Ashley, Clare, Jazmym and Ethan. I wanted to protect them. Keep them safe. And I will try to to.

A zombie was in the distance. I got to snipe it and fell to the ground. Recently we found this gun. I'm kinda glad that I'm not sleeping. I been having nightmares. Bad ones too.

Zombies,Hell and other stuff like that. I'm just glad Clare is still alive. I hope the others are alive too. I miss Maddie,Elizabeth and the others. I need to see them again.

Right now its dangerous. In the night anyway. Its harder to see zombies and more zombies seem to roam.

I yawn and kill zombies until its morning and my job is done. The others wake up and I gave them a tired glance.

"Anissa did you go to sleep at all?!" Ashley asks me concerned.

"No but it was worth it. Your still here." I say and give a smile.

"Well get some sleep later." Ashley tells me. Clare nods in agreement. I decide that I'll sleep later. Instead we go on a supplies raid. All of us.

Last time we went on a supplies raid together we found Clare. This time she would be with us getting supplies and helping. We found a couple of houses and raided them.

We found some food. And some other stuff. Like we found dice and a game of monopoly. Something other to do then play cards. We walked and saw more zombies. I worked with Clare and Ethan to help kill them. Ethan is still not really happy with the dead corpses but he'll help kill them.

Things seem to be getting a little better though. Well with us anyway. One time though I saw a person. It was a woman and could tell that she was at least six months pregnant. She was surrounded and I couldn't help her. I had seven bullets and my axe. This was a morning I decided to go out on my own.

Everyone was still asleep. I just wondered not to far from the hotel. I was looking up at the sky,crows and whatever else. Then I heard a scream and found a sobbing woman. There were about twenty zombies to forty zombies around her. I was only one person.

I had a choice. To save her and risk my own life and my friends or leave now and not be seen. The zombies were distracted by her and I easily walk back.

I didn't know what to do. There was a hard choice on my hands. I wanted to help her but by time I made a choice it was too late. And never really forgave myself for that. That day I was silent and my nightmare got worse.

I knew I probably going to rot in hell for that. I just didn't want to die or my group. My purpose or I believe is to keep them safe. If I had saved her the zombies would have followed me to the hotel. Everyone would still be asleep and would have died. That if she stayed with us the baby would ate all our food and attract zombies.

I still feel guilty though. I never told anyone but that. And I don't want too. I looked out the van like Clare does with the windows and stare and ponder. I wondered if I could did anything differently.

Later I decided to talk to Clare. I wanted to know what was bothering her.

"Hey Clare I knew something happened. That day we found you. You had blood on the left side of your face. What was that all about?" I asked her when everyone was asleep and I was on zombie watch.

"I was with a group. They treated us pretty good," She whispered softy.

"What do me by us?" I asked.

"Me and Elizabeth. We were together when all it went down. After our camp got attacked. It just me and her for awhile. I couldn't do much though. We were running out of food and water. It was the day our last can and water. That Elizabeth heard something. We ignored it but we shouldn't of. That night a zombie came to her tent and-"

Tears came down Clare's eyes. Her eyes were struck with sorrow. Elizabeth was good, funny friend. And I could see that Elizabeth died and Clare blamed herself for her death. It wasn't her fault. I sure of that. Clare wiped away the tears and continued talking.

"I heard the scream and came running out of my tent. I grabbed the katana. By the time I got to her it bit her neck..I of course killed it but there nothing I could do to help her. No antibiotics was going to help that. She was bleeding out. She told me though. That I needed to find you guys though. That she was sure you guys were still alive. That I should life on for her. That I should stay strong. And send her regards and love. She died that night." Clare said sadly and looked back at the window.

The night was pitch black and the stars were out. I feel bad for Clare. And I miss Elizabeth. I would always be able to make her laugh. She smile and laugh all the time. So happy. We all friends. Pain made my stomach tense up and I felt sad.

"And the morning. I heard her. She was breathing. She was no longer there though and I had to kill her. Then for anger and sorrow and started killing whatever zombie in my way. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care."

"She was a good friend. And its not your fault." I said soft trying to comfort her.

"No, Anissa it is my fault and it always will be."