Chapter 7

The next morning you try to find whatever we can in the breakfast area. We end up finding a box of granola bars and two unopened bottles of water. As we are eating it Ethan speaks up.

"I think we need to go on a supplies hunt." He suggests.

"That's a good idea." I said. We needed more supplies like food and water.

"I think we should all go on the supplies raid. Just for today." Ethan said. Later after we all done with our granola bars we went for a raid. I sat on the end this time so I could see the window.

The streets were still pretty bad off and it seemed a little sunny out but barely. Ethan was driving so I sat next to Ashley.

I guess they decided to take turns driving. We found a couple of abandoned houses. We went carefully. Ethan had his bat,me with my pistol and Ashley with her bow.

There was only like one zombie. Ethan killed it and we looked into the rooms. Jackson went to check the kitchen. The rest of went to check rooms. There were stairs so me and Ashley checked upstairs.

We found nothing really. So I went into a different room until something caught my eye. There it was. A axe. I looked over glancing at it. I grabbed it. It had a firm grip and a sharp blade. I took in and made my way to the others to see what they found.

"What did you guys find?" I asked them as we gathered in the hallway.

"I found more bullets." Ethan said slighty cheerful. He showed us two boxes of ammo.

"That's great. We never have too much ammo." I said and smiled.

"I found some sleeping bags." Jazmyn said while holding three sleeping bags.

"I didn't find anything." Ashley said and sighed.

"I found three cans of soup,fruit cocktail, and bottled water." Jackson said and smirked. I felt the need to hit him aside the head and smack that damn smirk off his face but I didn't. Instead I scoffed. He frowned and looked like he about to glare at me. Go ahead. I'll kick your ass.

"So Anissa you found a axe?" Ashley questioned and raised her eyebrows.

"Yep and its mine." I said and smiled holding it close. I'm glad she commented it on. She must seen the tension in the room. I finally had my own weapon beside the pistol. The pistol wasn't really my weapon. Or didn't feel like it.

We made our way back to the van. We drove and looked at the trees and streets happy about out find and still hoping we would make it a little bit longer. As we driving something caught my eye. A person.

It was a girl by the tell of it. She was short and was carrying a katana. She dragged it on the ground and was looking down. I was curious. Something in my stomach didn't feel right. It felt as if I left the is person on their own I would regret it.

"Ethan can please stop the van." I asked Ethan. Ethan stopped the van. And everyone looked at me.

"Why did you stop the van?!" Jackson yelled.

"Don't you see the damn person!!" I said loudly and angrily at him. He glared at me.

"We don't know who it is though! Are stupid they may kill us!!"

"Shut up." I mumbled.

"What?"

"SHUT UP!!" I yelled. He looked shocked. So did the others.

"Anissa..." Ashley mumbled. Tears were running down my eyes and I gritted my teeth.

"You don't have a right to say a damn thing to me. And if I feel like I want to stop this van. I will." I growled. I opened the van food and grabbed my axe at my side and made my way angrily to the person. They turned around. And I gasped. More tears ran down my eyes. And I ran. I ran over to her. She hugged me. She had blood on her face and she hugged me tight.

"I missed you Clare." I said and hugged her tight.