Chapter 5

- Clare

The wind blew against the trees. The night was cold and empty. The fire crackled. The world around went to shit. I don't know where they are I just hope there safe. I don't know where they went but I want to find them.

"Clare." I heard Elizabeth said next me.

"What?"

"I'm sure there alright." She said and gave me a resurring smile. I smiled back trying to keep strong for her and myself.

"Alright who's on Dead duty?" Mel asked.

"I am." A soft voice said. It was Ally.

"Alright." She said. She sat down on the log next Ally. She put her shoot gun on the against the log. Crows suddenly flew in a flock. That was weird. Charlie who was probably the oldest here got up and took his machete. He was 19.

Twigs and leaves were heard then we all got up. Then a deer came out of the woods. I sighed in relief and sat back down next to Elizabeth.

"Just a deer." I murmured. Then when Ally was about to kill it with her crossbow I heard a scream. A herd of zombies came out the woods. I got up and grabbed Elizabeth's arm. I got a katana I found and swung at zombies until I cut off their head or arms.

"AHHHH!!!!" Ally screamed. Mel tryed to help her but only got herself into trouble. Our whole group was going down. I took off with Elizabeth to the van. My hands were shaking so I dropped the keys before putting them in the ignition. Zombies started crowding around the van. I quickly found the keys and started up the car.

"HOLD ON!!" I shouted to Elizabeth. She nodded. I ran over some zombies with a thud and thump. I drove off as fast as I could not wanting to look back. Cause if I knew if I did it hanut me forever. I want to be strong for Elizabeth.

"Clare where are we going?" Elizabeth mumbled.

"I don't know."

"Are going to die?"

"No I don't think so." I said and gritted my teeth. I can't let us die. Its just us now. It was before. Before I found the group. I just hope we will make it. I know we will.

We have too.