Chapter 12

I wake up panting and gasping. I look over and see Ashley,Clare and Jazmyn still asleep. It was just a dream. It seemed so real. Then again what doesn't anymore. I took a deep breath and walked out of our room.

Sometimes I wake up and don't want to go back to sleep. Things get worse in my dreams it seems lie like. Its a dangerous place. Maybe the reason I'm having this dreams is because the things that I'm doing in real life.

I ponder on this. I should of helped that lady. Should have found and saved Elizabeth. Should of been nicer. Should of done better. I walked down the hallway and went to a window.

Its still dark. So dark. The night pierces the sky like a dark raven. I decide to snipe away zombies. I kill two of them roaming around.

"Ha there." I murmur out loud. Then I hear footsteps behind me.

"Why are you awake?" I heard Jackson asked me.

"I can't sleep anymore." I say trying to keep my voice calm.

"I'm sorry." He said and looked at me.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. For getting yelling at you. I never met to do that. I just didn't want you or anyone to die for helping a stranger."

"Yeah she sure was a stranger. It ended up being Clare." I say and laugh.

"Yeah.." He says and looks at the ground.

"Hey Jackson. I miss how things were. I mean us being friends. All of us. Me,you and Ashley. We we're the three best friends.. Then..we let that go.When our relationship ended." I say and look out the window. Its true. Its painful remembering how good friends we were. I miss that.

"Anissa!! Stop chasing Jackson!!" Ashley would shout at me. I won't stop until I caught him or ran away where I couldn't get him. I was determined. I didn't know why. I still kinda don't know why. Well I think I kinda know now. It was like a game we played.

I chase you and you chase me. It went on for a long time. I would chase him to hit him. Violent. Surely yes I was. I feel bad about how I acted. Was I too violent? Was I a monster?

I probably going to get payback for that. As it is always said Karama is a bitch. And that bitch is me.

That bitch was always me.