Chapter 8

Ashley yelled my name and ran after me as I saw her slap Jackson. The others followed behind. I left go of Clare and looked at them. I was mad at Jackson and hated him. I really did hate him now.

"Anissa-" Ashley mumbled before stopping as she saw Clare.

"Clare!!" She shouted happily and hugged her. Clare was back alive. She's ok. Then the others went to hug her except Jackson who looked up at me. He looked away as I narrowed my eyes. Hes going to pay for that.

"Clare where have you been?!" Jazmyn asked her.

"In the woods for the most part." She said and smiled at us.

"Why is there blood on your face?" Ashley questioned. Clare dripped her smile and looked the ground. Pain struck her face as Ashley asked that. Someone must of died. Someone that Clare knew.

- Clare

" Why is there blood on your face?" Ashley asked as she saw the red blood on the right side of my face. Pain struck me as she asked that. And I felt hollow. If only she knew.

After our camp got attacked. It wasn't the only bad thing that happened. I thought that was bad enough. Hearing their screams of pain. The groaning of zombies and seeing the flesh ripped straight off their bones and eaten as they watched themselves die. Or knew they were.

Me and Elizabeth after that were in our own. Cold,hungry, and lost. We only had each another for awhile.

"Clare I'm cold." Elizabeth said she looked at the fire. She looked at the fire as if she looked away it would be gone. Gone like everything we built on.

"I know." I murmured under my breath. I then got up went into the tent to get whatever canned food left. All I found was our last can of green beans. When I went out of the tent Elizabeth looked at the woods.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Nothing I just thought I saw something." She said and looked back at the fire.

"We need supplies." I grumbled. The next morning. My mistake. I should have not lost her. I still remember the blood dripping off her neck and her telling me how she didn't regret ever meeting any of us. And how she loved us. My rage. My katana. I had to. She was gone,dead. She was going to eat me.

Her blood stained my sword. Stained it with regret. Regret, shame and sorrow. I still blame myself for her death.

"Clare,Clare,you there?" Anissa asked me as she shook me.

"Yeah." I said and brought myself back to the present.

"Good. You ok hey I don't know what you been through but I'm glad your ok." She said and sighed. Later we got in the van. We drove to a hotel.

"This is where we been staying." Ashley said as we arrived. I went in. The place wasn't that bad. I got to be in a room with all Ashley, Jazmyn and Anissa. I had a place to stay. They were alive. I felt a need to cry but I didn't. Stay strong Clare.

" Stay Strong Clare. You always were." The words repeated in my head.

" Stay Strong Clare."