Chapter 7: The Past: Part 3

A brilliant flash of green interrupted Katsuki's breakdown. He hesitantly looked up, his eyes puffy and red. The class was in a similar state. They all looked at their fellow blonde-headed, aggressive friend in worry. He must've taken the news the worst. Bakugou DID grow up with Midoriya.

Or was that a lie too?

A facade?

Was Bakugou a villain too?

He could be...

They grew up together.

How could someone who met Izuku almost every day for years in a row, not know he was being abused?

What if he DID know?

Did he not care?

But he was crying not even two seconds ago...

Didn't Bakugou hate Midoriya-san, though?

They fought all the time.

What if h-

"STOP!" A loud cry broke out.

Everyone looked at the owner of the voice, to see Uraraka standing with her fists clenched. "I know what you all are thinking...so don't even try." She continued, her voice breaking in between words. She looked at her feet, trying her absolute best to not cry all over again.

The brunette walked up to Bakugou, ignoring the guilty faces of her classmates.

"You didn't know, did you?" She asked quietly, kneeling down to face her friend, who sat crumpled on the ground. Bakugou didn't fight. He didn't say a word, all he did was shake his head.

Uraraka smiled, a comforting one. "If you did know, you would've done something, right?"

The blonde nodded, his eyes filling up with tears again. Of course, he would've done something! Deku was Katsuki's best friend as a kid. Sure their relationship was horrible right now, but there was no way he would've just left Deku with a psychopathic woman if he'd known about all this.

Uraraka hugged Bakugou tightly. (A/N: NOT A SHIP! THIS BOOK HAS NO SHIPS!) The blonde didn't bother returning the hug. He was far too emotionally drained right now. There was an unhealthy amount of doubt in Katsuki's head.

"I would've saved him...right?" A voice oddly similar to his spoke in the back of the boy's head.

"Of course, I would have!" Another one said.

Yeah, Katsuki definitely would've helped Deku. He would have. He would. He would. He would.

Who the hell am I even talking to? Katsuki asked himself immediately, not aloud. Am I going to go crazy because of the nerd? 

A dawning realization set itself onto Katsuki's shoulders.

"Was this how Deku felt?" He muttered, earning confused stares from his peers and mentors.

"What?" Kirishima asked finally. 

"He never told anyone about the abuse, or at least I think so," Katsuki mumbled on.

Kirishima glanced at his classmates, his face begging for an explanation, to which the students only shrugged.

"And if Deku didn't tell anyone, he probably wasn't allowed to or-" Katsuki stopped. Childhood memories came flooding back.

"Kacchan!" Izuku called, his eyes filled with excitement. Katsuki's 5-year-old self turned to look at his best friend.