Chapter 9:The Past: Part 5

Snow... Izuku loved the snow. He loved how the cold air picked and nibbled on his skin. It gave him a feeling of relief and closure. Winter, was the one time his parents would never bother Izuku. They always went off somewhere for a week and came back absolutely exhausted and covered in bruises. Even though the boy's curiosity often peaked at these sorts of things, his instincts knew not to snoop into his parents' business. 

It never lead to anything good anyways.

The young greenette was going to turn 9 in a month, but he never felt the need to look forward to his birthday. Sometimes he cursed the day. The boy was a mistake after all. Growing up that was all he was to people, people including his family and friends.

"Wait he was going to turn nine, so one year from then..." Sero trailed off.

Tokoyami nodded. "Yeah...he was ten then wasn't he?"

"Ten when his parents died."

"Ten when he actually might've killed..." Shouto muttered.

Momo looked at her feet. "H-he thought like that when he was eight..." she paused before looking up, angry. "No child should think they were unwanted!"

"Yaoyorozu-san..." Nezu started. "Not every child was brought up fairly. And from what we discovered, Midoriya-kun's past was probably traumatic to both his psyche and body."

"I know but..." Her hands clenched, Jirou looked at her worried.

Izuku always had the dream to be a hero. He wanted to save people, and help them live peaceful lives. Especially for those like him. He would be a hero like All Might! One which would smile through danger and shine as a beacon of hope to those in despair. Izuku would never be like his parents, he would never.

The class was shocked. Even after all that he went through... he was positive. But if that was the case, how did he end up becoming who he was now?

So why was it...that whenever he looked at his parents, he felt the urge to make them scream? The urge to make them bleed and yell bloody murder? To make them suffer and go through everything they did to Izuku on a daily basis? That made him a bad person, did it not?

A hero doesn't want to hurt...right? No, that's what villains do! Was Izuku a villain then? No...

No no no no no no! He wasn't who uncle was. Izuku was a good boy who did whatever his parents and doctors told him to do. He listened to uncle as well. But he was still punished. whenever he did something that annoyed his parents in the slightest way, he would be hit. Hit with either a rod or their quirks. Both weren't very pleasant. 

But the worst punishment was definitely being sent to Uncle. 

"Who the fuck is that?!" Kaminari exclaimed angrily. "And what could be worse than being HIT by a fucking metal rod?!" 

"I don't think I want to know..." Uraraka almost whispered.

Izuku walked outside, shutting the house door behind him. He locked the door and stepped out into the lawn. The huge bungalow he lived in with his parents cast an ominous shadow on the snow-covered ground.  

Again, Izuku's instincts screamed at him to run into his room and never come out, though the boy didn't know why. He was free today. His parents were out for a week again and weren't due to come back in 5 days. The boy wanted to savour his freedom. Izuku bent down and picked up a handful of snow, playing with it fondly. He didn't wear gloves and couldn't exactly feel the cold of the snow, it just felt as if something was tickling his palms.