chapter twenty-four

"kim taehyung! how do you not know how to do laundry?" jungkook huffed as he shoved a pile of dirty clothes into an empty hamper.

the brunette just whined, "i have people for that."

"and what if those people stop doing it one day?"

"i would just buy new clothes?" he spoke the words slowly, aware that wasn't the answer jungkook wanted to hear.

"you're ridiculous, you know that, right? what about when you have kids? and they throw up on your bedding in the middle of the night! you're not going to just throw it in the wash?" the younger was flabbergasted at the realization his boyfriend couldn't do basic housework.

"ew! why are kids throwing up on my bedding? in what world do i have kids? why isn't my spouse just dealing with it?" tae had so many questions.

"your spouse is dead and your kid ate bad sushi, now what!"

"okay fine, you can teach me how to do laundry in case that insanely rare and obscure scenario ever happens." he rolled his eyes following jungkook to the laundry room, "i'm almost certain that small children aren't supposed to eat raw shellfish?"

"i think that's just pregnant women?"

tae hummed, "if we ever have kids, we should remember to google that."

"you want to have kids with me?" jungkook wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

tae blushed at the thought, "n- no i just meant like if you have a kid or if i have a kid. not necessarily the both of us having a kid together."

"but we could. it's not crazy!" jungkook plucked a pair of pants from the hamper, digging around in the pockets and pulling out a few scraps of paper that tae had shoved into the depths, "first step is always clean out your pockets!"

"will you punish me if i don't?" he crawled onto the top of the dryer, his legs spread to allow the younger to come in-between.

jungkook ran both his hands up tae's thigh, making sure to move deliberately as he crawled right up to the waist band of his sweats before pausing, "i'll punish you. but you won't like it."

"how do you know what i like?" tae let both arms dangle around the younger's neck, his lips lingering right on the edge.

"do you like cleaning out the pipes of broken washing machines or removing chapstick stains from shirts?" jungkook said the words slow and whispered, pretending like what he was saying was far more alluring than it actually was.

"i'm so over you." tae rolled his eyes and removed his hands, plucking a pair of pants out and throwing the excess trash into the pile.

he failed to notice the business card that had been stuffed away since friday but jungkook didn't, his eyes immediately drawn to the name.

"where did you get this?" he plucked the crinkled card from the stash and flipped it over, "this is an agent tae?"

"i know."

"well, did you call?"

the brunette shook his head, "not yet."

"well why not?" jungkook's brows were furrowed in confusion.

"i just haven't!" he snatched the card out of kook's hand, tossing it back into the pile of trash.

"tae, what's going on?" his eyes sparkled with admiration, acceptance- love, "this is your dream?"

"i don't know if it's my dream anymore." he huffed in annoyance, "sometimes things change."

jungkook pulled both his hands away from the laundry, taking them in his own and leading him out to the dining area. he could tell something deeper was happening, beyond a shift in mindset, "what's going on tae? please talk to me."