Help from below

Mulan's POV:
Night fell faster than expected. I hadnt realised how long I had spent on Moana's island. Although I had rested, I began to feel extremely tired. I sleepily lay on my back, my hands supporting my head from underneath. Once again, the moon was almost blindingly visible. A full glowing circle that made my eyes ache more. I was almost about to fall asleep when I heard a thump from under the boat. I wasn't scared but that didn't stop me from hesitating. I crept over to the side of the boat and peered down into the dark water, failing to see what could have caused the disruption. That was until I saw something swimming towards the surface. I squinted my eyes in an attempt to see what it was but before I had to squint any harder, I heard a splash as water was sprayed in my face. My hand found it's way to my belt in case I had to use my sword. "Hey! Are you lost?"
Was I just so tired that I was hallucinating or was a fish talking to me? My eyes found their way back to the ocean where a mermaid was lurking. I struggled for words as I had only ever heard of such creatures but never seen one. "Oh have you never seen a mermaid before? I'm sorry, I promise I'm friendly!" She exclaimed with a smile. "Who are you?" Was all I could manage. "My name's Ariel. I'm sorry if I interrupted you but it's just I haven't seen a boat out in the ocean in a while and my curiosity got the better of me"
"No no it's ok. I'm just surprised. I'm mulan." She really had caught me off guard. I looked at her soft features. Her cheeks stretched into another smile once she realised I was ok with her. "Do you by any chance need any help? My husband Eric has gone away so I have nothing to do." I felt a sense of relief that she was offering to help. I hadn't taken into account the amount of tasks I would have to complete. "Yes, thank you" I said gratefully as she started to climb onto the boat. As her tail started to emerge from the water and flop onto the deck of the boat, a purple ring started to surround her tail, turning it into legs. "H-how did you do that?" I asked, my jaw on the ground. She held up a sea shell necklace she was wearing. "This allows me to transform into a human whenever I leave water. And whenever I touch it, I turn back into a mermaid."
"That's really special. I've never seen o heard anything like it."
"Yeah! It's one of a kind. I'm one of the first mermaids to have one of these."
"How did you get a hold of it." This necklace had really sparked my interest and now the questions were flooding out of my mouth. "Well, I was exploring at the bottom of the ocean and then I found this chest and got super excited. But all that was in it was this necklace so I put it on and went to the surface where I saw a human drowning. I quickly saved her and brought her back to shore. Normally I would have to push her while staying in the water because of my tail, but then, my tail started to change. And that was one of my most interesting and amazing collections. But anyways, enough about me. What can I help with?"
"Oh well there is this knot that needs securing but I'm not sure how to do that type of knot." She walked towards it and tied it into a tight and slightly complicated looking knot. "Thank you."
"Is there anything else?" She was treating me like she was my servant and I started to feel slightly uncomfortable. "Well, this might sound strange but, I'm hoping to get to my destination as quickly as possible so is there any way you could push the boat?"
"Hmm. I might be too weak to do it on my own. Hold on, I'll be back." And with that, she dived into the water and disappeared into the depths of the dark ocean. A while later, she came back with three dolphins. "Woah! Dolphins? Are they friendly?"
"Oh don't worry, they're really harmless. They're just here to help!" She climbed onto the boat again and told me to hold on tight. Before I could respond, the boat was shoved forward, almost knocking me off my balance. The boat continued to move at an extremely fast pace as I scrambled to find something to hold on to. Ariel chuckled as she watched me struggle. "Sorry, I did try to warn you" she said, still laughing."
"It's fine." I said starting to laugh as well. At this rate, it wouldn't take long to get to Aurora's island at all. And that thought put a smile on my face.
(Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been working on another story I might post soon and I forgot to attend to this one😅😅. I'm really hoping this will be my last chapter about sailing😩😩)