Square 1

Maui's POV:
A boat! The gods have finally blessed me with a boat! I'd already eaten. And funnily enough, the boat seemed to be in the direction I came from. I knew there was a reason for the trail of stones I left. I'd followed the stones back and continued on for a bit and there it was! But where did it come from? Obviously I was going to take it but I had to examine it first. I could finally go home! As I was examining the boat, I noticed that the markings on it looked strangely familiar. However, I was too excited to really think or care about it and quickly untied it from the post. I looked out at the island one last time as I felt myself slowly drifting away. For some reason, it felt wrong. I assumed that it was because I had just stolen a stranger's boat but there was a thought in the back of my mind telling me that this was a mistake. As if I had some kind of purpose on that sad and lonely island. I guess I knew how it felt right then. I hadn't seen my family in ages. I missed them. I didn't care about being mad at them anymore. I just wanted to see them again.my thoughts trailed behind me along with the island. I was finally free.
Mulan's POV:
We had news! I had decided to go back into the bakery and I asked the man behind the counter if he had seen Maui or Aurora. Unfortunately, there was no sign of aurora (a girl in a purple dress wearing a silver tiara) but they did see a man in green shorts with a flower necklace who was, clearly, very noticeable. He had bought a lot of food from there just like us and he was very large and buff so was very hard to miss. Apparently he was here around half an hour ago which was probably around 20 minutes before we arrived and he went in the direction that we had just come from. If we ran, there was a chance we could find him. I grabbed Moana and started running with her back to the stones. I explained while we were running what I had discovered. I looked at her and she seemed thrilled. At least someone could be found. Within the first few minutes of running, we both collapsed with exhaustion. "We should probably walk from now on" said Moana, a look of dismay crossing her face. "Don't worry, we will find him." I said trying to sound comforting. "I know" she said regaining her confidence slowly. We got up once more and started walking. "Hey Mulan?"
"Yeah?"
"Did you love Aurora? I mean.. in a romantic way" I stayed silent for a second or two.
"I always will. The thing is, by the time I realised how I felt, it was too late."
"It's never too late to try. She might feel the same way and all this time both your feelings have been bottled up. It's not going to get much easier unless you get it off your chest."
"I guess your right. But she has her 'prince charming' now so there's no point."
"I'm sorry. It sounds like a real dilemma but I still think you should confess. Especially if you haven't seen each other in a while. I mean, what have you got to loose."
Her words sent me into silence. I thought about her advice and decided that if/when I found her, I would confess. I've missed her too much to keep our relationship as it was. We were so distant. It pains me to realise it but I didn't make life easy fo myself. "I'm sorry, I'm not that good with advice" said Moana noticing my silence. "No. I actually think your right. I will confess to her when we are reunited. Thank you." I said gratefully. She smiled. She was actually good at advice. She would make an amazing leader. She had great skills of friendliness, leadership, advice and she was a really easy person to talk to. She was a stranger. And somehow we both shared our whole life stories with each other and opened up which is something I don't normally do with anyone. Let alone a stranger..
we both stopped in our tracks, so did my thoughts, as we came to the end of the trail. We stopped for another drink so that we could spare the rest of our water. We continued on our journey to go back to the beginning. I knew that we would be ok. Well, I didn't know for sure, but I was feeling confident. It seemed that Moana brought out the confidence in me. I seem like a confident and strong woman in the outside, but underneath my armour, I have a lot of insecurities and fears. But right now, it felt like they had all just dissolved into thin air.