Lonely survivor

(I just want to say thank you to those of you who have read or voted for my story. I might be slow with this one but I am working on another story at the moment which I will publish once I have finished this one. Hope you enjoyed this so far)
Mulan's POV:
One moment I was lost and alone, staring at the edge of the water. And the next, I was steering a boat. It had been a while since the other girl had fallen asleep. A few hours maybe. Time was distorted. Although it felt like the whole world was distorted at the moment. The sky was pitch black. Apart from the stars. They were glistening. I had always loved the stars. They fascinated me. Suddenly, a shooting star danced across the sky and revealed an island. Then, I felt a force. As if the boat was moving a lot quicker on its own. I looked down and saw the ocean carrying the boat. But how? The girl started to wake up so I rushed over to her. "What's happening?!" I said trembling. "I don't know!" She said as she looked down. "The ocean! It's carrying us!" She exclaimed. I thought that was quite obvious. The ocean was still guiding us in that direction. Could this be a sign? "It's a sign!" Said the girl, sounding confident, her eyes sparkling. "Maybe Maui or Aurora is in that island. Or maybe they both are!" Ah sounded excited. Hopeful. I was still unsure but I had a little bit of hope. Just a little. But it was enough to keep me motivated. That was when the boat hit the island. The girl gave me a glance of determination that said "let's do this." We hopped off the boat and tied it to another post but decided to find some more food before we went exploring so that we could build up some energy. After that, we would find Maui and Aurora!
Maui's POV:
I had been gone for about a week. I couldn't tell you exactly how long. I've lost track of time. There weren't many other people there with me. It's a large island. I'd been searching for somewhere to eat for days, living off of tropical fruits and other scraps I could find. I could see what looked like a market place not too far from here, but I was still struggling to find it. I filled up some bottles with water from a tap I had found. The water wasn't completely clean, occasional specks of dirt or sand emerging from the rusty tap, but it was certainly better than nothing at all. I wasn't great with directions. Only when sailing was I an expert. But if sailing had taught me anything, it's to always remember where the sun is. I looked up, it was just on my left shoulder. I decided to also leave a trail of stones in case I couldn't find it and needed to come back for water. Or maybe some other reason. I don't know, I just had a feeling that this was a good decision. I gathered up some small pebbles and started walking in the direction of the town.
Moana's POV:
Food. That was all that was in my mind. All we could find was just tropical fruits and coconuts. However, the coconut milk was not enough to quench my thirst. We couldn't keep walking much longer. We needed a break. "Hey" said the girl, "let's take a break" thank god. "I never did catch your name" I said as I slumped down against a palm tree. "Mulan" she replied "you?" "Moana." That was when I saw something glistening. I shuffled over to it. It looked like a tap. I twisted it and water came gushing out of it. "Mulan. MULAN!" I shouted excitedly, "come over here!" She rushed over and when she saw the tap, her eyes lit up. We both drank until we'd had enough and then sat back down on the hot sand. We sat for a few minutes in silence. It wasn't awkward though, but nice. Quiet, relaxing. We got up and once again started walking. "Hey moana, look at this." I looked over to where she was pointing. It was a market, not too far from here. Unfortunately, I was never that good with directions. Only in the ocean. But I have learnt to always remember where the sun is. It was on my left shoulder right then. About a minute into our journey, we discovered some pebbles on the ground in a line leading to the town. "What if it's Maui or Aurora!?" I said, now full of hope and determination. "Let's follow them" said Mulan. So that was exactly what we did. The market was further than we had expected. We had another break in between, but we eventually made it. There were more people here than before, but it was still only a few. We saw a bakery so we went inside. The smell of bread and pastries filled the bakery. I was filled with regret and anxiety when I realised how little money I had. I at least had enough for a simple bread roll though. I was about to pay with the few coins I had but Mulan took out her money and paid for practically the whole bakery. "Thank you, but you didn't have to do that" I said. "And you bought so much!"
"Don't mention it. We will both need our strength to find Maui and Aurora." We settled by a nearby palm tree and ate our food. It felt so good. The bread was still warm and smelt amazing. Tasted amazing. Once we had finished, we still had a lot of food left, so we took it with us as we left. We decided to split up and meet back by the bakery so we could question people to see if they saw Maui or Aurora. I saw a woman standing outside a shop so I thought I would start with her. "Excuse me, would you mind if I asked you a few questions?" I asked. She simply smiled and nodded. "Have you seen a large man wearing shorts and a flower necklace? His name is Maui  and I'm searching for him."
"I'm sorry, I can't say I have. I only arrived here a few minutes ago."
"Okay, thanks anyway." No luck so far. But I still had hope. I wasn't giving up that easily!