The dream connection

(Mulan's POV)
I woke up in a cold sweat. That was the fifth nightmare I'd had this whole week! They always felt so real. Like they were trying to tell me something. But how was I supposed to know. My nightmares were all the same except this one was different. I was trapped behind a wall of fire which seemed to be surrounding something, or someone. I thought I recognised them but I can't be too sure. I don't really know why I'm still thinking about it really. After all, it was just a dream. Life working with Robin Hood's men is alright. It was much more interesting when he was alive as he was pretty much the backbone of the group but now everyone was just a mess. The men all looked to me as their leader but I know deep sown that I'll never be as good a leader as Robin was. Before I met aurora, I'd always worked alone so I hardly knew the first thing about teamwork. But I have changed since then. I would say I've improved and working with Robin's men has helped. However life is not as nearly as exciting as I was hoping for. Mostly we plan out how we are going to once again steal from the rich rather than actually doing it. Of course each of the men have their own lives, their own families, their own children to attend to. So I'm usually alone. I have met some other friends along the way but I don't see them as often as I would like. A part of me loves it here but there's another side that still misses aurora. We haven't spoken since I left and I guess it's my fault. She wrote a few letters to me but I didn't reply. It was just too painful. Of course, she and Phillip are happily married in a perfect castle with a perfect kingdom and a perfect life. I know all of this because I did read all of her letters back to front. I'm surprised she'd want to write to me at all. She has such a perfect life, what would she want with me. It was at that moment that I stumbled upon an injured bird. I didn't know how to react. I'm not really good with animals. Aurora would know what to do. Instead, I put it out of its misery with a large pebble I found on the ground. I hated doing it but I wasn't really sure what else I could have done. I spent most of the day walking. The day went by quickly and before I knew it, the sun had disappeared. I lay underneath the stars wondering if aurora was doing the same or whether she was sleeping soundly in her perfect castle. My last thoughts as I drifted to sleep were of her and then my eyes were shut.

I had the same dream but I saw it more clearly. Though it was less like a dream and more like a vision. This time I saw that the fire was definitely surrounding a person, and they looked like they were in trouble. But I didn't know how to get to them. The moment I tried to get around the flames, I woke up. I feel like I've seen the person before. They look so familiar. I'm pretty sure it was a girl. I saw the top of her head and she was wearing a tiara so I thought it might be a princess. But that specific tiara, ive seen it before. I can't remember without a picture what it looks like, but all I remember is that, in the dream, I remembered it from somewhere. I got up and set off to find robin's gang in hopes of finding a distraction from these dreams. I found them in a bar, drinking. Their usual habitat. I ordered a drink for myself which seemed to surprise most of the crew. They didn't often see me drink. I never liked to let my guard down in front of anyone. I didn't care anymore. All I wanted was to take my mind off of whatever was going on. The boys didn't say anything but I could tell by their expressions that they were concerned. I explained to them the basic parts of what I had been experiencing. I don't think they understood most of what I said but they tried their best to reassure me. After downing another drink, I decided I'd had enough. No one even noticed me getting up to leave. As I got to the door, I noticed a girl wearing a purple dress just opposite, and it reminded me of Aurora. That was when I remembered the purple dress that girl was wearing in my dream. But before I could put the pieces of the puzzle together, my vision started to fade and my legs fell loosely beneath me.