The long awaited reuninon

Aurora's POV:
I had no idea how long I had been in this dusty shed but I hadn't eaten in so long, I could see my own ribs. My heart started to pound as I heard footsteps approaching. I was certain it was Philip. I didn't think anyone would care enough to look so hard to find me. I heard the door shake and I heard a voice call out that didn't belong to Philip. "Aurora! Are you in there?" I instantly recognised her voice. "Mulan?" Sheer confusion turned into happiness as I heard the door being bashed open. I would finally be free. I wanted nothing more than to jump into mulan's arms. Then we could run away from Philip and this dreaded forest, leaving everything behind and starting a new. I heard a loud bang and with that, the door was finally open. The beautiful, brave girl rushed over to me and embraced me tightly. Tears rolled down my cheeks as we stayed in a heap on the cold floor of the shed. She untied me and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the shed. We ran holding hands all the way to the shore where a boat was tied to a post. The sun was blinding me so I was squinting my eyes, having been in a dark shed for days. Once we were on the boat, she gave me some food and water, another thing I had dearly missed. After I had eaten, that was when I started to bombard her with questions. "How did you know where to find me?" She explained a really long story about how she got here but paused for a second before saying; "Aurora, there's something I need to tell you." She said, lowering her head. "Prince Philip... he- he... it turned out he was in love with me. I have no idea why but he was crazy and tried to attack me. So I killed him."
My heart stopped. I wasn't exactly sure how to react. I never planned on seeing Philip again anyway so I decided on saying "hell yeah!"
Mulan looked baffled. "I'm sorry if that came out weird but he tried to hurt you so I think you did the right thing." That still didn't change her expression. "Are you okay?" I asked nervously. "Yes, sorry I just thought you would be upset with me."
"I am a little shocked but he tried to hurt us both. But if I'm honest, I don't think the realisation has fully sunk in yet." There was an awkward silence for a second until Mulan spoke up. "There's another thing... something I should tell you. But I might wait until we get back if that's alright. It's not the right moment and I've just finally got you back, I don't want to ruin things." I smiled reassuringly, "that's ok! Tell me when your ready."
We sat in silence again, but this time, there was less tension. "Oh! Before we get home, there's a place I need to go. I'd like you to meet someone." Mulan exclaimed, sounding quite excited. "Oh ok! Sounds good." And after that, silence fell upon us once again. We spent about an hour making small talk before Mulan's eyes lit up. "We're here!" I began to feel excited, I hadn't seen other people for days. Mulan tied the boat up to a post and helped me down. A golden sun blasted me with rays of light and warmth as I stepped onto the sand of this island. I looked down at my feet to see they were covered in filth. I beamed back at the sun as we started trekking through the tall palm trees. Once we had gotten past the trees, we came across a small village with wooden huts. Mulan grasped my hand and pulled me over to one of the huts. After a couple of knocks, the door was answered by a slightly short girl with dark curls whose face lit up when she saw Mulan. "Mulan!" She exclaimed, looking very pleasantly surprised. "Is this? Mulan, is this Aurora?" She asked almost hesitantly. "Yes it is!" Mulan replied, smiling like a puppy. "Aurora this is Moana, Moana this is Aurora. I'm so glad you two can finally meet!" I nervously walked up to the door and held out my hand for Moana to shake it but instead, she pulled me into a tight hug. "I don't know you, but I'm so glad you're ok! From what Mulan has said about you, you seem like an amazing person!" She said giving me a friendly and genuine smile. "Th-thank you!" I said, slightly taken aback by her words. But nonetheless, I smiled back. I had a feeling I was going to like it here.