Distant memory

Mulan's POV:
Did I trust this new girl? No. But I had to try for Moana's sake. At least she was useful though. She had seen Maui. That being said, there wasn't much we could do. I sat silently while explained how we came to be here. Ocean talked about her backstory. I actually feel slightly sympathetic for her. Her mother died when she was young and her father is a drunk who doesn't give a shit about her. So she ran away...
-Flashback-
Ocean's POV:
(4 years ago)
My father had his first drink today. He came home drunk and slammed the door behind him. I jumped. "Father?"
"Don't talk to me" he said slurring his words. Why? Weeks went by and this continued. He never abused me exactly but neglect was something he would often do. I felt lonely. I had a friend once. They were nice to me but they left the island and I was left with a dead mother and a father who didn't care about his own child. It was obvious I didn't belong here. (Present day- in the morning)
My father yelled at me, calling me useless. I ignored him and suddenly I felt my feet moving towards the door. Once the door slammed behind me, I started running. And I didn't look back.
Mulan's POV:
I had never heard such a tragedy like this one but I still didn't know whether to trust her. Moana was busy doing the comforting while I stared at the ground awkwardly and played with my hands. Although I really liked Moana and of course I felt sorry for ocean, I still wanted to be alone right then. I saw tears start to form in ocean's eyes but she quickly wiped them away as Moana turned her back. I saw part of me in ocean in that moment. Poor girl. She must have felt so lonely. Even I had a better childhood than she did. "Ocean, I'm so sorry to hear about your family. I can't imagine how you must have felt" I said, trying my best to sound soft and calming.
"Thank you. It was quite lonely being how I was. But I'm here now. And I'm so grateful you helped me." I began to feel guilty. I was the one who said that she couldn't be trusted. I again fell silent and looked out into the distance. That was when something caught my eye. "Hey Moana! What is that over there?" I said pointing at the object in the distance that seemed to be moving in our direction. "No way! It looks like.."

Apologies this chapter is so short. I will try to make the next one longer. Anyway thank you to everyone who has read and voted for my story. It means a lot to me!