The ocean is calling

(Yes I am well aware that Maui is not Mia as brother but in once upon a time, they always twist the stories slightly so I thought I would do the same.)
Moana's POV:
It was a warm evening. I had been out for days, still in search of my brother Maui. He went missing a week or so ago and no one was brave enough to leave our island to go looking for him. The morning of his disappearance, he'd had an argument with our parents about being chief so he broke our parents' rules and sailed across the ocean. He hasn't returned since. So now I'm following in his footsteps. When we were younger, he was obsessed with the idea of sailing.  So he taught me how to sail. From a young age, I've loved the ocean, as if we shared a connection, one that my parents constantly tried to break. They banned us from sailing and even from going near the ocean. Our childhood was restricted but me and my brother were often rebellious. Just the sight of the ocean caused my world to light up. Now I was in it. I felt a sense of freedom. Obviously I was worried about Maui but I felt happy, like a bird free from its cage. The stars were so bright, guiding me across the endless waters. Suddenly, a shooting star danced across the sky and revealed land not so far from here. I decided I would have a break. I steered the boat over to the direction of the land and laid down on the wooden floor of the boat, looking up at the stars. Around 20 minutes went by and the island was almost in reach. I got up and stood by the wheel, my hair flowing in the wind. I felt heroic. Like at this moment, I was unstoppable. Invincible. There was a loud bump as the boat and tied it up to a nearby post. Maui had taught me to tie proper sailors knots. He'd taught me well. I was about to venture off in search of some food when I came across a woman in a strange white dress, looking lost. I guess I knew how she felt. " excuse me" I said, "do you know where I could find some food?" I asked nervously. I wasn't sure what people in this land were like. "Of course. Follow me." She lead me over to a small building. Very different to the buildings on my island. She paid for some food and it tasted very different to what I was used to. "Thank you for your kindness. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"
"Well, I'm in search of someone called Aurora. You don't happen to know where they are I suppose?"
"No, I'm sorry. I know of no person called Aurora. But I have a boat"
Next thing I knew we were walking back to the shore. "So what brings you to the enchanted forest?" She asked. I explained to her some parts of it, like how I was searching for my brother. I asked her about Aurora and she said that Aurora was in trouble. We had a lot of similarities, we were both alone, both in search for someone and both quite sad. I could see it in her eyes. Whatever she was going through, it was causing her pain. I helped her up onto the boat and untied it from the post. As we were sailing. A memory came back to me...

It was a warm day. The ocean was calm. The sky was clear. Perfect day for sailing. Maui was already there, at the boats. "Hey momma, come over here!" He shouted. I ran over to him. " come and look at this." There was a small group of baby turtles trying to crawl into the ocean. Maui chucked a large leaf at me. "Let's help them cross." We sheltered the turtles with the leaves as they shuffled along towards the ocean. Once the last turtle reached the ocean, we felt a great sense of achievement so we went out sailing. I can't remember much of what happened when we were sailing except that a storm appeared out of nowhere and after that day, we weren't allowed to sail again. I'm assuming there was an accident that I don't remember very clearly. I was really young after all. I was brought back into reality when I heard the ocean swaying around me. The wind wasn't particularly strong but it was cold. We had been sailing for a while. The girl had fallen asleep. Not to be rude but she looked like she needed it. To be fair, I haven't slept in days either. I had no clue what I looked like. In the morning, when she was awake, I taught her how to sail. She asked me to do that I could get some sleep too. I spent all day teaching her directions with the sun and a compass and how to tie knots. And obviously to wake me up if something happened. The day went by quickly and before I knew it, I was asleep on the cold, hard floor of the boat.