Sea of potential hope

Moana's POV:
We sat on the sand for hours. After a while, I decided to go get some more water and Ocean said she would come with me. Mulan stayed at a palm tree with some peculiar markings as Ocean and I walked off towards the direction of the tap. On the way there, I heard her humming a tune. "What song is that?" I asked curiously. "Oh it's just something I remember my mother used to sing to me" she said looking at the ground. "It sounded really pretty." She smiled at those words. "Thank you." The rest of the way to the tap was spent in silence. However, it wasn't awkward, more peaceful and refreshing. The sun was concealed by a thick layer of clouds but it was still warm out. The sand felt hot between my toes with every step, but it didn't burn. My eyes scanned my surroundings for anything new. I knew this place all too well seeing as I had been here many times already. My eyes failed to find something new for me to see so I kept them looking in front of me. I began to see the glistening light reflect off of the shiny tap. Suddenly, I heard a thud next to me and looked around to see Ocean in a heap on the floor. "OCEAN!" I screamed out. Luckily, she wasn't unconscious as her eyes started to open. "I'm fine, don't worry."
"What happened!?"
"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to worry you any more but I have severe problems with my legs and sometimes, they just stop working and collapse from beneath me. My drunk father could never afford, or be bothered to afford the medication I needed so the problem has built up even more over the years."
It was then that I realised how much trauma this poor girl had dealt with for so long.
"I'm so sorry. Once we find my family again, I will help you with your leg problem. My family has some healing concoctions back on my island and I'm sure there is one there that will help to heal your legs."
"Thank you so much!" Her face seemed to light up at those words, as if they had sparked a source of hope in her.
"Can you stand?" She slowly rose up with her hand resting on my shoulder.
"Yes, thank you. I should be alright to walk now."
Her kind eyes were sparkling as they stared into my own. Luckily, the tap was only a few steps away, so we had a break once we got there. After another chunk of silence, she finally cleared her throat. "So, tell me about your family. Where are you all from and what is your home like?" She seemed really curious. I told her about my family and she listened happily. At the same time, I could see the pain in her eyes. "I'm sorry. I forgot, it must be hard for you having grown up with a difficult life" I said, almost regretting telling her about my pleasant life. "Oh no, not at all. I was the one who asked, I was just curious" I still felt bad.
I hadn't even realised that it had started to get dark. Still light enough to be able to see where we were going. "Anyway, we had better get back" she said as if reading my mind. As we got closer to our original spot, I heard footsteps rapidly becoming nearer to us, a figure running towards us. "Guys!" It was Mulan "look" she said, panting. I looked over to where she was pointing. And in the distance, was...
A boat?