Memories

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

May started with Sirius cannonballing into the lake, followed by James, and Remus too.

They said it was tradition.

I wish I could've watched them splash around, but I turned to see Mcgonagall who was just about ready to tap on my shoulder

"Ms. Crescent, Professor Dumbledore would like to see you."

"Okay." I responded, my voice sounding rather anxious.

I left my friends at the lake, laughing and splashing each other completely oblivious in regards to the giant squid.

After the familiar gargoyle was pushed aside
I walked up the cold stone steps leading to the Headmaster's office.

"Professor?" I questioned, the door to his office was open just a crack, so I pushed it open and found the white haired man at his desk stroking his mighty Phoenix.

"Yes, come in Ms. Crescent." He responded calmly.

"Did I do something wrong Professor?" I asked nervously.
I hated being so self conscious around Dumbledore, but he was just intimidating like that. I wanted him to like me, to think highly of me, I had feared I messed that up when school started.

"No, no, nothing like that. Sit."

I sat down across from him and cleared my throat awkwardly.

"It's my understanding that your time here is running low Ms. Crescent"
That thought crushed my heart into a million pieces, but it was true.

"Thats correct sir." I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"I remember telling you the last time you sat in that chair, that I believed there were a reason you were here."

I nodded in response.

"I see that you and Mr. Black have been spending a lot of time together"

My expression changed into a smile
"Are you saying that Sirius Black is the reason I'm here Professor?"

He weighed his head back and forth

"I'm saying that watching you two dance in the great hall has made me happier than I have been in a long time, perhaps you distract him from his rule-breaking tendencies"

I smiled, maybe I did. Though that was never my intention.

"But no, I think that Mr Black has been crucial to your journey so far, and when you leave this place I expect you to never forget it, to never forget these people. that is very important."

"I wasn't planning on forgetting anything." I answered him, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I didn't understand what Dumbledore was getting at, why he saw a need to get involved in a girls personal life.

"What about the other boy, hm? Regulus Black, I believe he's what the kids call smitten for you"

When I didn't say anything, Dumbledore nodded and continued on.

Frankly, I was a bit shocked.

"That boy and his brother, they're rather intriguing students it could've only been you who caught both of their eyes." Dumbledore went on, sounding almost lost in his thoughts.

"What do you mean professor?"

"Regulus, he was always quiet, timid, sad if you will. I know what he's become, and I know that you haven't changed the way you look at him because of it. That is why you're special, Ms Crescent, because you see things in a way that isn't so simple. That is valuable."