You read poetry and wear knit sweaters

They were famous last words.

I tried to argue with James about the broom thing, but he just wouldn't listen.

And like I said, it ended terribly.

I woke up 3 hours after falling to the ground.

I was in the hospital wing, surrounded by the blaring of  AC/DC around me, upon further investigation I found Sirius Black sitting in a chair across from me playing some sort of imaginary guitar.
"Sirius, your making my headache worse" I muttered, grasping my head that ached horribly.
"She lives!" James called dramatically from the side at which I hadn't looked yet.
"Yeah, no thanks to you" I scoffed.
"Come on that was fun" James tried to plead.

He tried to justify his actions by saying I'd have a nice scar on my head to match the one on my chin.

It wasn't a very appealing argument.
——————————
When October came, we were well into classes and about knee-deep in homework.

I spent most of my Time practicing spells or hanging out with James and Remus and Even Sirius, who despite his ignorance and annoying tendencies was always doing something stupid that could at least make me laugh.

Sometimes I hung out with Lily and Marlene, but I realized quickly that just because she seemed nice, didn't mean she wasn't entirely annoying.

Marlenes Sirius Black obsession made me want to punch her in her stupid pretty face.

The amount of girls that followed Sirius around like he was a cute little puppy was quite pathetic really, Of course he never looked at any of them, I wasn't sure whether it was out of blindness or lack of care.

My favourite class by far was Astronomy.

My grades in that class were the best and easiest to receive.

I'd been studying stars for years so I didn't really have to put much effort into it.

I was walking back to the common room one afternoon when I passed Sirius and James arguing in the corridor, Sirius had his hands over his ears, shaking his head immaturely while James flapped his arms around foolishly trying to get his friends attention.

"Prongs! Not right now!" Sirius shouted.
"Come on Padfoot"
"I'm not being your wingman right now mate!"

That was all I caught of that conversation, But I'd noticed in the passing weeks that the 4 boys each had nicknames for each other, I'd collected that James was Prongs, Remus was Moony, Peter was Wormtail, and Sirius was Padfoot. I wondered if it were some sort of inside joke because they made absolutely no sense to me.

I had this sinking suspicion that those boys were hiding something, maybe I was overthinking it, which was usually the case but there was just something off about them sometimes.

They all must be excellent liars.

𝑆𝐼𝑅𝐼𝑈𝑆-

"We have to tell her" James said
"No, she'll hate me James!" Remus pleaded.

"Remus, for merlins sakes, you read poetry and wear knit sweaters, we've been over this" James said rolling his eyes.

"Sirius? Thoughts?" James asked me, clearly irritated by the whole thing.

I shrugged my shoulders, I'd listened to this conversation several times at this point, they'd been debating telling Juliet Crescent the true nature of our friendship for a couple weeks, including Remus's condition, frankly I didn't care what they did.
"Come on Sirius, this involves you too"