The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

I followed the lead of Sirius Black and his brother through the narrow old hallway that went from the creaky old front door to a slightly less creaky door at the end, The hall was grand and covered in old Victorian wallpaper that reminded me heavily of my own home, only eerier. The wooden floors were carpeted with gory patterns and there were portraits of expressionless black haired men and women sporting hollow faces lining the dark walls. Just before we got to the end of the hallway Sirius came to a halt and turned to me, his brother Regulus had already gone ahead without so much as one look in my direction.

It took me a moment to catch my breath, his gaze was so ridiculously tantalizing, but that didn't matter because what came out of his mouth was serious and firm and did not seem to match his loud obnoxiousness.

"You must be warned before you walk through that threshold. My Family are Prejudiced people who pride themselves on being the purest wizarding family in the United Kingdom.
They are easily insulted, rude, maniacal people who would willingly see the whole ministry fall if it brought them to the top and their vision up with them ."

If I didn't have such trouble taking this idiot seriously I would've been slightly terrified.

He continued on.

"So I urge you to only speak when you're spoken too and to lie if you must, that is how you survive In this house. And if you are anything other then exactly what they want you to be, you can say goodbye to any fair treatment at their hands."

I could see it in his eyes that the boy said these horrific things out of experience. There was no mistaking the hollow stare and lurking fear present within him.

"Charming" I commented, pushing the thought aside.

Momentarily his expression changed to a small smile, but that quickly subsided back into a cold stare.

"Got it?" He asked
"Yes I've got it" I replied while rolling my eyes.

I'd heard of blood supremacists, but they were never a huge problem back home. I suppose that Canada was a sort of get away from such things, or perhaps they only hid it better there.

He practically pushed me through the door and slouched his way over to the other side of the room where he took a seat at the long table that filled up the majority of the space.

I looked around at the faces of the 2 new people who sat perfectly still, spread out along the extravagantly decorated table.

there was a very strict looking woman, who sat at the large end chair. There was not doubt that she was the head of this oddly Gothic household.

She had long black Silky hair, pale skin, high cheek bones, and sunken black eyes that looked as though they could reach into your body and pull out your spine. Next to her was a man with an oddly similar face, he was just as pale with the same dark hair and sunken features but with grey eyes that made him resemble Sirius.

The only difference is that although they were silvery grey, they were duller and less lively than the annoying young man who had brought me here.

"take a seat Ms Crescent" the woman sneered, her tone and commanding aura told me that it wasn't an option.

Before I could pull out a chair, a house elf came running out of a small door in the kitchen to pull the chair out for me.

I wanted to say thank you to the elf but this family was so intimidating that I didn't want to risk any unneeded words.

As I sat down my eyes wandered to Sirius who looked incredibly bored.

The other one, Regulus, looked much the same, but he sat straighter than his brother, without a hint of expression on his face.