Prongs and Moony

𝑆𝐼𝑅𝐼𝑈𝑆-

I found James wandering around mindlessly near honeydukes.

"PRONGS" I yelled in advance before fully tackling him

"Oh look who it is, haven't seen Remus have you?" He asked me, rubbing his ribs once I'd relieved him of my weight.
"Nope haven't seen him" I told him, helping him off the ground.
"How's your summer been Pads?" James asked me the moment we took off to find our friend, he dusted himself off and began to clean his glasses with the edge of his flannel.

"Wretched, transfer student moved here in July, you remember the owl I sent. Juliet Crescent's her name, she's a bloody menace."

"She can't be that bad" James chuckled

"Who's side are you on!"

We walked off down the lane arm in arm laughing about James's new plan to get a date with Lily Evans, even though the past 4 plans had never even gotten close he still hadn't given up, if James was good for anything it was definitely his determination and excellent pranks of course.

𝐽𝑈𝐿𝐼𝐸𝑇-

Madam Malkin fitted me for my gryffindor robes and told me to come back in about 40 minutes
So I walked down the street and into "Flourish and blotts" where the shelves were stacked all the way up to the ceiling with all sorts of books. I decided quickly that this was definitely the place for me.

I don't know how long I spent browsing the shelves, it was certainly quite awhile, because by the time I got to the section of journals, which I'd come in here for, my arms were filled with books
I placed the books down on the table next to all the journals, relieving myself for a moment, I was completely out of breath.
books were ridiculously heavy.

Next to me I heard yet another plop of books, this time not coming from me, I turned my head on instinct and came face to face with a tall boy, running his palms down his face in a frustrated, or perhaps exhausted sort of way.

"They should make carrying books a sport" I joked.

He set down his hands and turned to me, I hadn't gotten a good look at his face until this moment, all I could decipher moments before was that he had a good jawline and nice hair. Now that I was seeing him, I was shocked that I recognized the boy, he was one of the ones from Sirius's photo. The mousy haired boy with the scars regarded me a moment, "they should" he agreed, his voice smooth like butter.

I stared at him, my mouth hung open wide, he began to grow self conscious, I could tell by the tension of his body language, I was being weird, I needed to stop.
"Are you alright?" He asked in a lovely English accent.
I shook myself out of it and tan my fingers through my hair quickly, "I'm so sorry, it's just, I'm pretty certain that I've seen you before"
"Really, where?" The scarred boy asked

"A photograph, in Sirius Blacks room"

"You know Sirius?" He asked enthusiastically
I exhaled exaggeratedly "I live with him actually"
"You're the transfer student?"
"So you've heard?"
"We're a very tight knit group, what happened to your chin?"
I touch the spot he's talking about, from the fall in the pub.
"Sirius" I explain simply
"He did that?" The boy asked with a surprising amount of concern, he might be the group mastermind, but I could tell he felt responsible for his friends actions.
"Not purposely" I responded jokingly

"He's so irresponsible you know, he never thinks before he does something. I'm Remus Lupin by the way" he explained frustratedly, holding out one of his hands