Third Shot - Compliment?

Rajveer knocks on the door of her quarter, they were going to army ball, she requested him to pick her up in evening,knowing his shy nature that he will not be able to ask her himself. She opens the door and he was left awestruck by her beauty. She was wearing a black net saree, which was making her look alluring.

Naina was trying to supress her smile and trying hard not to blush watching his reaction, his mouth was left hanging open. He was gaping like fish which amused her. He tried saying something but words didn't left his mouth.

"Naina.. Tum..  cadet singh.. Ahh no, I mean lt. Singh .. Tum.. Naina You look.. Wo.. " He was fumbling while trying to complement her.

"I know.. " She smiled amusingly "ye saree mujhpar, mein iss saree mein, hum dono milkar, ache lag rahe hai.. Thanks for the compliment" She teased him while he shyed sheepishly, looking around in embarrassment for not being able to compliment her properly.

"Ahh.. Chale, der ho rahi hai," He asked trying to escape embarrassment. She nodded.

@@@

"Major Rajveer, to tum bhi yaha ho" Rajveer turns around and greets BC.

"Brigadier Sir! Good Evening Sir, it's a pleasure to meet you again." He genuinely said.

"Same here Major, by the way, congrats for the promotion.. You deserves this" He proudly said.

"Thank you sir," Naina comes there and said without notice.

"Rajveer sir, ab chale? Mein bahot thak gayi hu" She said tiredly. Rajveer conveyed her to turn around through his eyes, she turned confusingly "sir... App yaha... Good evening sir". She was surprised.

He was amused " Good evening cadet singh.. Ahh sorry lt. Singh, to tum bhi yaha posted ho.. Just like Major" He said looking at rajveer with a hint of amusement.

She looks at rajveer happily then said "yes sir, aur wo mere commanding officer bhi hai" Her eyes shined.

"That's very fortunate" BC said looking at Rajveer with hidden meaning which Rajveer tried to dodge.

"Matlab sir.. Mein samjhi nahi" She was confused.

"Matlab ye ki you are looking very gorgeous lt. Ye saaj sringaar apke liye hi bane hai, and the man who will have your heart will be very fortunate" He teasingly said while Naina blushed and looks at Rajveer as if mocking him for not able to compliment her.

"Naina tum.. Parking me mera wait karo mein ata hu.. " She nodded and left wishing brigadier a good night.

"Well Major, I am also calling it a night. And best of luck with her" He said looking at Naina's direction.

He was flushed "ahh.. Sir ap  mein kuch samjha nahi.. " He said trying to act innocent...

"You very well know what I meant  young man... There is no boundry now, don't be late. Good night" BC left patting his shoulder while he was lost in thoughts.

@@@@

She came in his quarters to give him briefing about a mission the discussion went on for about 2 hours when he realised that it was past their dinner time and they were late.

"Oh shit, am so sorry mujhe yaad hi nahi raha ki dinner time nikal chuka hai  tumne mujhe roka kyu nahi" He was feeling guilty.

"It's alright sir, ye bhi zaruri kaam tha. Mein apne quarter me kuch bana lungi" She assures him with a smile "I'll take your leave, good night" She was about to go when he calls her.

"Naina.. Ahh.. Mein khana banane hi ja raha hu so, why don't you join me.... If you want" He asked hesitantly. She remains silent for few seconds then smiles nodding her head.