Chapter 15; Pietro Maximoff

Psyche's POV

A blinding white flash, and then darkness. I slowly pry open my eyes and find myself in the SHIELD hospital wing. I believed myself to be the only one there until I heard Maria's voice, "Sikes!", I quickly turn around. She looks stressed, and as if she'd been crying. Still, she put on a brave smile for me.

"There's an agent down... Dr Cho is still making assessments on him, and it'll take 15 more minutes. In the meantime, you may want to get changed into something more professional, there's plenty of business associates and important people that are here to see the agent".

I nodded, and after getting a pat on the shoulder from Maria, I started the walk to my office, where I kept spare clothes for emergencies like these. I was confused to say the least. Who was this agent? And why were they so important that even important business associates had to show up?

I reached my office, entered the keycode and stepped in. I quickly got changed into casual business attire and let my hair down, allowing it to fall over one shoulder. Taking a quick glance at the clock, I saw that Dr Cho would finish her assessment in 5 minutes. I stepped out my office and rushed back over to the hospital wing.

I saw Phil standing in front of the hospital room where the agent was admitted, he too looked very solemn when I approached him. He gave me a small smile, but just like Maria, his heart obviously wasn't in it. 

"Hey," he greeted, "everyone's really glad you could make it". 

I nodded cautiously, "Not that I don't wish to be of assistance, but I'm curious as to why Maria couldn't help out".

"Maria has never studied healing magic, you have... besides, we thought you had a right to do this more than Maria did".

I was confused what he meant by that, but I had no time to question it at all, for that very moment the doors of the hospital room burst open and a group of people stepped out. 

The Avengers.

They all had red, puffy eyes and looked absolutely disheveled, even Loki, who I had just met looked completely different. The second they stepped out, their eyes flashed to me and they looked just as shocked to see me, as I was to see them. Unfortunately we had no time to talk, because Dr Cho stepped out and saw me. She looked frustrated and upset, but when she saw me, she appeared to relax a little.

"Psyche! You're here!" she exclaimed, pushing past the group of heroes. She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the hospital room, shutting the doors behind us.

She sighed, "I warn you Psyche, this may come as a bit of a shock", she proceeded to pull me over to the hospital bed where the injured agent probably slept. They were covered with a sheet though, but when Dr Cho yanked it off, I got a good look at them. At first I was confused, until I looked a little closer. Messy white hair, a pale complexion and a stubbly chin. This was Pietro Maximoff. 

Holy hell. It was my last soulmate... covered in bullet holes.

I gasped, and I started to get a bit teary eyed as Dr Cho looked on with sympathy. "I trust that you realize he is your soulmate", I nodded and bit back the tears. Now was not the time to mope, I needed to take action. 

"I can heal him", I confirmed after checking the extent of the injuries, "It will take a while, and I'll have to ring a friend but I can do it".

Dr Cho solemnly nodded, and gave me a side hug before exiting the room. I tried to ignore the badly injured hero laying there, it would only delay the process if I got sentimental now, there would be plenty of time for introductions later.