Chapter 3; Stephen Strange

Psyche ran a hand through her black hair, which she had draped over one shoulder. Fixing her black combat boots, she glanced out the large wall of windows and observed central park. It was very early in the morning, 6:30 am to be exact. Where was the young witch going this early? It had been 2 days since Psyche moved into her new life in New York, and just yesterday, her mentor; the one and only Maria Hill had offered to show her a supposedly 'magical' place. A library. According to Maria, this library was very sheltered and only accessible to very few people, all these people were magical folk who gained access to the magic library through a library card. Maria had told Psyche that she too could get one, and that's what the 2 witches were trying to accomplish this morning.

A knock was heard at the door of the juvenile enchantress' luxury apartment. She sprinted to the door and threw it open, enveloping her friend and mentor in a warm hug, which the senior witch gladly returned. "Somebody's happy to see me" Maria chuckled as she pulled away, "Come on, we can't waste any time!" she exclaimed, dragging Psyche out the door, as the poor girl hurriedly locked her apartment, she giggle, "Gee Maria, you act like we're going to meet an actual living person, they're just books, they're not flying away... well they might, with magical books you never know." Rambled the young sorceress. Maria simply grinned as the 2 hopped into Maria's car and drove away, this didn't go unnoticed by her mentee who questioningly looked at her friend and wondered what she knew.

Soon enough, the pair pulled out in front of an old brick building, it looked quite ancient, but also happened to blend in with it's surroundings, if she had been a passerby on a regular day she wouldn't have paid any heed at all to the grand building. Maria walked to the closed wooden doors, Psyche close behind and used the lions mouth metal knocker to rap against the door. A couple of seconds passed, and a wrinkled hand stuck out a wide letter slot, the fingers were bent, as if they were expecting to grip hold of something. Agent Hill thrust what appeared to be a regular looking library card into the old wrinkly fingers, and the hand was withdrawn quickly through the letter slot. The two remained standing outside the library for 15 more seconds before both the doors were opened, and swung inwards. Maria nodded her towards the now opened doors before stepping in, Psyche followed her in. 

Immediately, the girl was taken aback by the magnificent library, the inside was nothing like she was expecting... she expected your plain old library, with an old woman sitting at the front desk shushing everyone. Books stacked in rows on  shelves, and tables to sit down and read. She'd never been to an enchanted library before, it was completely different from the public library in her neighborhood in Salem. First of all, the exterior showed that the inside would be quite small and cramped, but that wasn't the case at all, it was HUGE! There appeared to be so many stories in the building that she couldn't quite count them all, though she could see an enchanting roof with wooden chandeliers and plants that magically grew in them, it gave the library such a phenomenal vibe. There were large wooden shelves all around, and couches and armchairs scattered all throughout the big library, books stacked every single shelf, leaving no empty space anywhere. It looked so homey and comfortable, and just made Psyche so happy. There was mushrooms and grass growing around the room, and made the whole place look as if it had popped out of a fairytale. Maria smiled at the excitement of her student and led further into the library, looking around, they saw nobody, the library was completely empty apart from the both of them, and the elf lady in the green dress who sat at the reception desk.

(So, imagine this, but it's more organised, lighted and lively)