Chapter 31; Self-declared Soulmates

Hello! Above is the bedroom Psyche is in for this chapter. Just a little tool to aid your visualization :> She's also still in the clothes she wore at the library, and if you don't remember those, they're the header picture on chapter 28.

ANYWAYYY GET READY FOR THIS CHAPTER, FEATURES A NEW MCU CHARACTER!! SOME OF YOU MAY NOT KNOW HIM BUT THOSE OF YOU THAT DO WILL BE S H O O K.

Also a relatively short chapter in comparison to the rest, so really sorry about that. I just wanted to introduce this new situation because I know a lot of you have been in suspense for a long time. 😭

Psyche's POV

I awoke to find myself in a comfortable bedroom. Although, perhaps that description is too humble. I practically sank into the mattress, which seemed to have been made just for me. The whole room was ultra luxurious.

I sat up, getting a better look around. It was well lit and pretty, but didn't seem too personalized. Other than the plush bed, there were two side tables with intricate lamps. A couch in the corner seemed just as welcoming as the bed I sat in. The main pop of color in this largely beige and white room seemed to be the two green plants in front of the glass feature wall behind the headboard of the bed.

Despite all the splendor around me, I felt nothing but despair recalling the events that had transpired just hours ago.

There was a large grey double door right opposite the bed, and I decided to make a run for it and figure out exactly what kind of situation I was in. However, just as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, the doors burst open, and in came a familiar woman.

"You." I scowled, moving to stand. The woman's eyes only sparkled as she smiled wide.

"Oh! You remember me! How wonderful!" Agatha chuckled, "How do you like your room? It's a bit bland, I know, but you can decorate it to your liking!"

I was about to give her a sassy retort, but stopped myself. I couldn't make any mistakes, so I did what I thought was the safest thing to do. I waved my hands and teleported back to Stark tower, where I embraced my soulmates and was never taken from them ever again... except that didn't happen, because my teleportation spell didn't work.

Agatha sighed in what seemed to be disappointment, "How many times do we have to go over this, dear?" She pointed her fingers at one of the runes on the ceiling which now glowed a bright purple. Of course she'd done that... I was such a fool. 

So I did the second best thing I could, I charged at her. With a well placed roundhouse kick on her stomach, she fell to the ground with a shriek, demobilized just long enough for me to run to the door, swing it open and-!

With an oomph, I fell, my vision blurry and my back aching from where it had collided with the cold marble floor. The haziness soon faded, and I came to see an unfamiliar man looking down on me. The man that had somehow beaten me in combat. "I'm sorry this had to be how our first encounter went." He apologized, but he didn't seem very sorry at all as he smirked down at me.

"Who the hell are you?" I groaned, sitting up at the same time as Agatha beside me, who was looking very pleased.

"I'm Billy Russo," he said, "but you probably know me as Jigsaw."

I recoiled in shock, blinking up at him

I recoiled in shock, blinking up at him. He didn't seem to be confused at my sudden surprise, but only stood there, watching with amusement. Fricking sadist. There were files upon files of him in the SHIELD base back home, and although there were villains out there that had done far worse things than him, this man was so incomprehensibly twisted in the head that he was one of the few people alive that truly scared me.

Agatha chuckled at my brief silence, and rose from besides me to stand next to Billy. "The poor thing, you gave her too much of a shock." She chided him.

"Oh, it seems I have," He only continued to smirk at me, "but as comfortable as that floor looks my darling, you'll have to get up, the others want to meet you."

The others? I wracked my brain for possibilities of who else could be associated with such dangerous villains, of course, the obvious answer would be other villains. I knew for sure that Sylvie Laufeydottir, the walmart Loki from the library was one of them. As for the rest, I wasn't too sure.

Curious as I was, I bravely crossed my arms and looked up at Agatha and Billy, "No." I said.

Billy's cockiness slipped, confusion plastered on his face at my defiance, "No? What do you mean no?"

"I don't care to meet any of you. Let me go home." I stated.

"But we worked so hard to get you here!" Agatha's smile never slipped, but something in her demeanor told me not to fight back for my own good. For once, I listened to her and stayed silent.

"You will be meeting your soulmates, Psyche, whether you like it or not." Billy was frowning now, a dark look crossing over his face, but I didn't care for that.

"My soulmates? What do you mean?" I demanded. Brief terror crossed my mind as I recalled Sylvie saying something about me being her soulmate back at that warehouse.

"You'll find out soon enough." Billy remarked, before exiting the room, Agatha close behind. She closed the door behind her, and I swear I heard at least 10 locks being turned before their footsteps faded away.

I wasn't sure that I wanted to stick around any longer. I had to leave. Before my supposed 'soulmates' made sure I could never get away.