Chapter 1; Leaving Salem

"Psyche!" bellowed the voice of the one and only Nick Fury. "Hurry up! Your bags are all in the jet, what's taking so long?". The 21 year old witch huffed and adjusted her shirt dress as she ran towards the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. who happened to be waiting outside on the helipad for her. He rolled his one eye as he smiled fondly at the girl. "Get in kiddo, you've taken long enough". Psyche grinned apologetically at her godfather while she followed him inside the private jet that intended to take her to New York City. As the man went to the cockpit to have a brief conversation with the pilot, the young woman made herself comfortable in the jet, grabbing her phone and airpods, then proceeding to play the first song on her playlist; which by coincidence, just so happened to be New York City by the Chainsmokers.

Psyche looked out the window sighing, she was going to miss Salem. For as long as she could remember, Salem had been the only place she'd ever known. She knew there was more to the world of course, something bigger, something greater and she'd always longed to see what lay beyond the historic little city. Her entire childhood had been very sheltered, ever since her parents had been killed by an organization known as Hydra. She was only 6 when a mysterious stranger with an eyepatch turned up at her door and gave her the horrible news, he claimed to be her godfather, a friend of her dad's. Ever since that one dreadful day in late November, her godfather took her under his wing, making sure she lacked no happiness or resources, he made sure she had a good childhood, and he even looked after her as she matured into the stunning young woman she was today. He raised her like she was his own child, and always protected her from the dangers of the world. He gave her a safe environment for a witch to grow up in, and even got an undercover witch in S.H.I.E.L.D to mentor her, a certain Maria Hill. Psyche was forever indebted to Nick Fury and his kindness.

Now, the young witch was leaving for New York after years of being sheltered in Salem. There's a story behind this too...

You see, Psyche had been born with multiple soulmate tattoos, not one, not two, but an entire 12 tattoos. She probably had the most soulmate tattoos in the USA and even the entire globe. When Fury came to know about this, he told his god daughter how special and lucky she was. That's when he saw her tattoos, at the time he was unsure what clues the tattoos were trying to give to finding her soulmates, however, several years passed, and after the assembling of the avengers, the Ulton fiasco, the civil war and the chaos Thanos caused, Nick was certain he knew each and every one of Psyche's soulmates. He didn't hide this fact from her, instead he promised her that the day she turned 21, he'd take her to New York City to meet them all. Yesterday was her 21st birthday, and as promised, Nick told her to pack her bags and all of her stuff. They were going to New York.

Just as the song Psyche was listening to drew to a close, her precious godfather approached her and took a seat directly in front of her. "Nervous?" he asked with a kind smile that the juvenile witch was lucky enough to witness, "Yes actually... what if they don't like me?". Fury looked up at the girl who was now practically his daughter, "Those motherfuckers would be CRAZY to not like you, your beautiful, smart and you were raised by the best godfather EVER." he assured. The girl giggled and shook her head before returning her gaze out the window.

In a few minutes after preparing the plane for takeoff, it finally lifted off the ground.

And so, leaving behind the city of Salem and a past life,

Psyche approached the city of New York, which had in store for her a new and very happy future.