Chapter 5; Peter Parker

Psyche's POV

"Here's your car, black toyota rav4, just like the one you had back in Salem" Nick said with a smile as he dropped the keys to my new car in my hand. I grinned and gave him a hug which he happily returned, "You really are the best Nick". I rounded and climbed into the drivers seat of the car and looked at my godfather, "Need a ride anywhere?" I asked him, "Nah", he replied, "I need to go pay a little visit to a certain friend of mine, Dr. Strange" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes at his antics, he'd been teasing me about Stephen all day long ever since I informed him that I encountered one of my soulmates. "Nick stoppp!" I exclaimed as he continued laughing, after bidding each other a small goodbye, I drove off towards New York University.

Yep... that was my task today, to pick up a certain Peter Parker from university and drive him to S.H.I.E.L.D so he could meet with Nick. At first, I was confused as to what Nick wanted with a civilian, but after reading through some files, I learnt that Peter happened to be the infamous Spiderman of Queens. Honestly speaking, I was more hyped than I should be to meet him. I'd been a huge fan of Spiderman ever since I was 14, and I suspect that's part of the reason Nick assigned me to go pick him up. From what I learnt, he was a pretty smart kid, getting into New York University alone was quite a big thing, but what impressed me was the fact that he'd made parts of his own suit, he'd designed his own web shooters and created a super strong web fluid at the age of 15... wow. 

I rolled up in front of a bus stand before New York University pretty soon, I looked around for a boy with doe brown eyes and curly brown hair as I'd seen in a picture Nick had shown me. When I didn't spot him, I opened up the book I had checked out from the library of enchantment the other day and tried to concentrate, but I failed. For some reason I kept thinking back to one person... Peter Parker. I snapped my book shut and sat upright, gazing out of the car window at the students bustling around. It was unnatural of me to have thoughts like this, I can't lie and say that I didn't have a bit of a crush on the boy even though I'd never met him! It wasn't something I was proud of, considering I had 12 soulmates, and I felt unfaithful to each and every one of them by just thinking of someone else in that way. However, this was different, usually this little crush consisted of blushing and giggling at thoughts of spiderman for a minute, but now the thoughts of him kept circulating in my mind, and I couldn't get them out.

Suddenly, my wrist started aching and burning... one of my soulmates was nearby. My first thought was that it might be Stephen, as the pain seemed to be sourcing from his tattoo. Yet, I soon remembered that I'd accepted Stephen's bond right away, and it was impossible for the tattoo to react this way after a bond had been accepted. I checked my wrist, and found that it wasn't Stephen's tattoo that'd been giving me trouble, but the one right next to it. 

The tattoo of the green seemingly radioactive and toxic spider. My eyes widened as it dawned on me, who my next soulmate could quite possibly be.

Just then, I heard a voice coming from right next to me and the pain I felt doubled, I hissed, but managed to look out the window. I saw Peter Parker right next to me. He was even better looking in real life than in the pictures I'd seen, yet at the moment he looked uncomfortable and in pain, he still managed to stutter out, "H..Hi Miss... a-are you... Ps-Psyche Delvaux?" I nodded, and saw him gripping onto his wrist in pain. I couldn't bear to see him in pain, so I instantly reached out through the open car window and grabbed a hold of his wrist, locating my tattoo and running a finger over it, he hurriedly did the same for me. 

The feeling was so great and relieving that I almost collapsed due to the pleasure, and I am almost certain Peter did too. That's when I realized that the poor guy was still standing outside, "Oh, umm... Hi, yes, I'm Psyche" I smiled, "Please, get in!" he nodded gratefully and slipped into the passengers seat, waving goodbye to a black haired boy I just noticed had been standing behind him all along. I tilted my head, still beaming and waved at the boy, who waved back shyly in shock and awe. I started the car, and turned it back towards S.H.I.E.L.D HQ, I glanced at the boy next to me, "So," I started "You're Peter Parker?" he nodded, "Yea... it's a pleasure to meet you." he replied, I cooed inwardly at how sweet he was, and in that moment I knew... that even though I had met only 2 of my soulmates... I was one lucky witch. (no swearing in my christian minecraft server)

The rest of the ride was extremely pleasant indeed, as I got to know Peter, and I told him a little bit about myself. I learnt about the boy I had waved to was his best friend Ned, and he had another friend by the name of MJ, and by sheer coincidence Ned and MJ were mated to each other. He mentioned being spiderman, and told me all the crimes he helped stop, and how yesterday an old lady bought him a churro as thanks. He was funny and brilliant, cute and polite, with a heart of pure gold, it wasn't hard to see why he was chosen as an Avenger.

After I dropped him off at S.H.I.E.L.D HQ, I couldn't help but feel incredibly disappointed that we'd been together for only 10 minutes, and I could tell Peter was bummed about it too. However, we had indeed learnt an awful lot about each other, and that was the thought that counted. We said our goodbyes to each other and as my newest found mate got out of the car and disappeared into the building, I sighed happily and thought how lucky I was to have found two of my soulmates in the span of one day. And what soulmates I had been blessed with too! A wizard, and my superhero crush, it felt so unreal and magical. As these thoughts ran through my head, I started to drive back to my apartment.

Only when I got home and collapsed on the couch did I realize that during the entire ride, just like I'd done with Stephen, I didn't bring up the topic of soulmates with Peter, and honestly I didn't really want to talk much of it. It wasn't that I was ashamed or shy about it, soulmates are a very common topic, it's just that I'd recently been feeling a little more overwhelmed about my mates ever since I met one of them. At first, I was ecstatic about meeting all of them and getting to know them more, but soon the reality dawned on me that as easy it is to accept the bond, the real challenge is finishing it through the act of sexual intercourse. This wasn't anything to be awkward about either, it was quite natural too, yet I was unsure if I was ever going to be ready for such a feat.

But I soon forgot these thoughts and they never resurfaced... until 4 hours later

(Sorry this seems so short guys! I didn't have much inspiration for Peter. Also, sorry if I got anything wrong factually in this!)