Chapter 2; A New Life

(If you've seen How I Met Your Mother, check if you can find the reference I used in here...)

Psyche trudged alongside her godfather as the two stepped off the helipad and into the large S.H.I.E.L.D base. Psyche looked around in amazement at the highly advanced technology and many agents bustling around. It was nothing like the base in Salem where she worked before. This was so much more busy and lively, it was so much more... alive! Nick chuckled as he saw the young lady watching the entire scene intently. "If you think this is nice, wait until you see where you're working", he told her, Psyche's eyes twinkled with anticipation, "Where will I work?" she inquired excitedly, bouncing on the balls of her feet. Grinning widely, Fury shook his head, "Nowhere special... just avengers tower". The director took great pleasure as he watched his goddaughter's features turn into one of pure shock, then delight, "I'm going to work... with the Avengers!" she squealed. If only she knew... but she'd find out soon enough.

A couple minutes later, the pair walked out of S.H.I.E.L.D HQ, and directly in front of them, ready to give a warm welcome stood who Psyche recognized as Phil Coulson and Maria Hill. The young witch ran up to them and gave both the agents a warm hug. Phil and Maria smiled and returned the hug, "How you doing starlight?" teased Maria after pulling away, Psyche rolled her eyes, her mentor loved using the cosmic term 'starlight' as a nickname for her student due to the girl being from a long line of cosmic witches . "Great seeing you again kiddo!"  Phil exclaimed, ruffling the sorceress' hair, which caused her to pout, yet she responded happily, "It's great to see you two as well!".

After some quick chit chat, Maria and Psyche chatting about what Phil and Nick identified as astrology, they all headed to where 2 cars were parked. Psyche and Maria got into one whilst Nick and Phil climbed into the other, Maria and Nick took the drivers seats and both had a brief discussion about the destination before revving up the engine.  The 2 friends drove in silence for a while until Maria interrupted, "So... you're going to meet your soulmates huh?" Psyche looked nervously at her senior before nodding. "Mhm... have you met them?" she asked, Maria shot herself a knowing smile in the rear view mirror, "I have... lovely people, all of them". The junior sorceress tilted her head, wow... even Maria knows them... they must be important...  

"So, where are we going exactly?" Psyche asked Maria as she looked out the window at the lovely views of Central Park they just so happened to be crossing. Maria quickly glanced at her, then turned her eyes back to the busy road as she replied, "Your new home... and would you look at that, we're here!".  The 21 year old averted her eyes to look at a colossal skyscraper, no matter how much she tilted back her head, she couldn't see the top of it. Maria pulled over on the side of the road, and Nick pulled over directly behind her, everybody got out of the car and made their way inside the large building.

The lobby was extremely fancy, and so elegant and bright. Psyche couldn't stop staring at each and every aspect of the room, she'd never seen ANYTHING like this in Salem before! They all approached a large rosewood front desk, where Maria asked for her friend, a redhead with the nametag 'Lily', she assisted them in completing some formalities. After what seemed like hours of filling out paperwork and answering questions, Lily finally handed over an apartment key. Psyche took the keys with a polite smile and thanked Lily before proceeding to walk over to an elevator, and going up to floor 12 with Nick, Phil and Maria. When they finally reached the floor,  Agent Hill led them all to a dark oak door with golden numbers plated on; Apartment 121.

"All right kiddo, here we are" spoke Phil, "We should go now, take care, and see you at work!". Psyche frowned, "Aren't you going to come in with me?" she queried. The Agents and Director of S.H.I.E.L.D shook their head. "We actually have to go meet your soulmates right now Sikes.", Nick informed her, the enchantress tilted her head curiously, who were her soulmates and how did they have such good connections with Nick? She sighed, "Please at least come in for a glass of water!" she begged, they all declined once again, and soon went on their merry way, but not before Psyche made them promise they'd come over for dinner one day.