Chapter 7; Bruce Banner

(If you haven't noticed in the last chapter, Psyche is 21)

3rd Person POV

Bruce Banner loved and cherished rainy days. It made him feel calm and relaxed. So the day the first rains fell in New York, he was overjoyed. His mates knew about his views towards rain, so when they saw him running out the tower when it started drizzling, nobody questioned it, but just watched his childlike happiness and curiosity with smiles painted on their faces. The rain helped him think, and he'd come up with revolutionary ideas when he'd go out and ponder during heavy downpours.

Today, he planned to do the exact same thing. He planned to find a way to meet his newest mate, Psyche Delvaux. 

When he'd discovered that their 13th mate had been found, he was at a real loss for words. Then Tony suggested that they all come with their own little ideas and plans to meet her individually, and it seemed almost everyone had a plan on what to do to 'bump into her'. Except him. Bruce didn't know what to do, he barely knew much about her, apart from the fact that she was pure perfection which just made the scientist even more desperate to meet her. He did try to ask his other mate, the black widow, for Psyche's address. After all, it would save a lot of trouble and hassle if he could just go meet her at her house, but Nat wasn't willing to share the information.

Bruce continued pacing up and down in the cloudburst, ignoring the fact that he was getting completely drenched, pedestrians who ran past him to get to shelter gave him odd looks, but S.H.I.E.L.D associates knew better than to question it.  When the road was completely deserted of vehicles and people (which was rare in New York City) he trudged onto the middle of the road and just stood there, thinking... and thinking... and thinking.

What he wasn't prepared for though, was a burning pain in his wrist. He grabbed it and squeezed, trying to get the pain to go away but it wouldn't. At first, he was confused and his mind was cloudy, but he soon realized that his soulmate was nearby. He felt a rush of emotions, excitement, shock, nervousness, and many others, he almost hulked out due to the overwhelming rush of feelings, but managed to remain collected.

He ran a hand through his wet curls, and tried to spot the empty road for his soulmate. He didn't spot her, but the pain continued growing. She was getting closer.

Just then, a hand was placed on his shoulder, and he gasped, turning around quickly, some of his veins turning green, but he managed to suppress the hulk inside him. He looked at the person who the hand belonged to, and before his eyes was perhaps the most beautiful woman in existence in his opinion.

Bruce's POV

There she was... my last soulmate. I probably wouldn't have been able to tell if it wasn't for the pain in my wrist which was now hurting like crazy. I quickly realized that since I was only the 4th soulmate she'd met, the pain she was feeling must be incredibly intense. I reached for her wrist, and she gave me permission to accept the bond by placing it in my hand. I ran my thumb over my soulmark, and she in turn took my wrist and repeated the same for me.

I got a good look at her now, she was heavenly. She held a black umbrella which I now noticed was covering me as well, her lovely black hair framed her face perfectly and outlined her pretty blue eyes. Oh those eyes... They were so hard to tear my gaze from. She wore black high heeled boots, with a black skirt and tights, she had a cute black top to match. I was already lovestruck.

That's when I heard her angelic voice, "Hi!!" she exclaimed with excitement sparkling in her eyes, "You're Bruce Banner right?". I looked at her in surprise... she was perhaps one of the first people to recognize me like that and not as 'the hulk'. "Yea... Yea I am... hey..." I spoke whilst staring at her. She smiled then looked up at the roof of her black umbrella, "I'm... a huge fan of your work" she said, and I smiled proudly at that. I also happened to notice she hadn't spoke about the soulmate bond at all, and I let it go, figuring that she didn't want to talk about it. I could understand that, the first time I met all my mates I was anxious and unwilling to discuss the topic.

"Thanks, I really appreciate that you've read some of my work!" I told her ecstatically, and she nodded politely before speaking again, "I just saw you here standing in the rain... are you okay?" she inquired and I inwardly cooed at her kindness. "Yea, thanks for asking, I actually love the rain so... I just like standing in it" I chuckled, mentally face slapping at how stupid I sounded but apparently Psyche didn't think so. Her face lit up, "Oh, I see! I adore the rain too!" we made eye contact and both instantly burst out laughing at the fact that we were bonding over rain.

I nervously scratched my head. "Ummm hey, if you're not in a rush, want to grab some coffee?" I asked, gesturing to the starbucks adjacent to Stark tower. She grinned, and nodded, "I'd love that!" and as we made our way to the shop, I smiled and stopped for a bit in the rain and looked up at the clouds with a huge smile.

"Rain, I love you" I concluded before trotting after Psyche.