Chapter 12; Bucky Barnes

PLEASE NOTE: I DO NOT LIVE IN AMERICA!! Therefore I have no idea of any weather patterns in America and am not trying to get anything deliberately wrong, I know it rained a while back in another chapter, now suddenly it's December, please just go with it.

.

.

.

Warnings: Sad Bucky, but then he becomes happy.

3rd Person's POV

Bucky Barnes hated the month of December. Whilst for many people, it was the month of festive cheer, presents and warm food, to him it was just a dreadful reminder of his past with HYDRA. Even now, as he sat in the tower penthouse staring out the wall which was entirely glass, he had only one thing on his mind. 

Mission Report, December 16th 1991.

It was today. That dreaded date of December 16th on which he had murdered Howard and Maria Stark. He himself knew that he wasn't in his own state of mind, he had been brainwashed and manipulated to kill the parents of his darling mate. Although Tony and Bucky had gotten off to a very rough start due to this reason, they now loved each other dearly because Tony had fortunately been merciful and smart enough to recognize that it was not Bucky's own fault, and had forgiven him. 

But Bucky himself could not find it in his heart to forgive himself, because he knew that as he watched the snowflakes descend onto New York, Tony Stark had locked himself up in his bedroom, and was grieving the loss of his parents.

Ever since moving into Avengers tower with the rest of his mates, Bucky became almost the same guy he had been back in the 40's. A confident, attractive and strong man who always seemed to be optimistic and cheerful. Yet, sometimes he still found it hard to forget his past and move on fully. Which is something the rest of the Avengers understood, they all had their depressing backstories too.

So when Steve saw his best friend and mate sitting there looking all sad, he debated if he should go console him or not. Sometimes, silence was better to process things and Bucky possibly wanted some time alone. Ultimately, Steve's compassion defeated his logic, and he approached the dark haired super soldier sitting on the white leather couch. Bucky looked over at him, and gave him a small smile before quickly turning back to the glass wall so that Steve couldn't see the tears threatening to fall any second.

Cap placed a heavy hand on the white wolf's shoulder, and pulled him back into his chest with very little resistance. Hugging Bucky, he now finally spoke, "Buck... It wasn't your fault, nobody believes it's your fault, the whole world knows it wasn't you". The ex winter soldier sat in silence for 5 seconds before Steve heard a sniffle and noticed a tear spilling out his beautiful blue eyes. "It won't bring Howard and Maria back... It won't bring Tony's parents back, it's because of me that he's so upset today Steve". Steve opened his mouth to argue, but Bucky silenced him by talking first. He stood up from the couch and out of Steve's arms, "I'm going for a walk" he informed his mate.

Steve hastily got up too, "I'll come with you" he suggested, he knew Bucky was in the wrong state of mind at the time, and he didn't want anything to happen to him. The other man sighed exasperatedly, "Steve I'll be fine, I'll be back in an hour or two, I promise". The blonde male still didn't want him to go alone, but he knew how stubborn his mate was.

That's when a brilliant idea struck Captain America. He grabbed some useless documents off the coffee table and turned to Bucky who was now looking at him questioningly. "You're going on your usual walking route, yes? Past SHIELD?" Steve asked, the man in front of him nodded, and felt the documents suddenly pushed into his hands. "Could you drop these off to the lady in the office next to Fury's?", if James Buchanan Barnes was confused, he didn't show it, but silently took the papers... Steve was up to something, but what?