Chapter 4

"Wait a damn minute.. so it wasn't a dream?!"- Girl raised her voice a bit, now looking back at him.

"What are you talking about, Y/N? What dream?" - He asks innocently, almost mockingly, now walking closer to her.

Y/N sighs, sitting further away, as soon as Dream sits next to her. The blonde chuckles, turning his head to meet Y/N's sparkling eyes. The girl turns away, now looking at the view in front of her.

"Want to go for a swim?" - Dream asks, now scooting closer to the girl. The girl warily eyes the boy then looks at the stars, shaking her head.

"Why? A swim in a lake is always good at night." - He states, now standing up, going closer to water.

"You are literally asking an enemy to swim with you in a lake. What the heck is wrong with you." - Y/N says, looking dumbfounded.

"I know. What's fun if there isn't many risks?" - He asks rhetorically, taking off his hoodie, leaving him in a tight white shirt. The girl can't help but stare at the flexing muscles and fit body of the boy.

"Like the view? Come on, come here let's swim!" - Clay says, offering her a hand. She looks at him for a bit, then refuses to stand up. Dream questionally looks down at her and squats down.

"Are you scared of water?"- He asks. The girl sighs and responds with "I can't swim." She didn't know why did she say this to a literal enemy, but she felt so safe around him. Something about his aura, isn't even intimidating. It is comforting. 

He laughs, pulling her up. "I'll teach you to swim. Come here"- Dream says, pulling her gently to the water. 

She was still unsure, because he's her enemy. Who knows maybe he'll try to drown her? But maybe not? As he said What's fun if there isn't many risks.... 

Y/N takes her dress off, now only in a small crop top-like bra and high waisted panties, Dream follows her actions, taking of the shirt (Don't make this weird guys I'm watching you)

She lets him lead her to the water, feeling the comfort from his hands on hers. 

As her feet touched the cold water, she flinched, not used to the coldness. Clay on the other hand, didn't even flinch, still very calm, leading her to the water with him.

The glow stones shining beneath her feet, making the water look phenomenal.

"You won't drown me right?" - Y/N laughs a bit, gaining a laugh from Dream himself.

"I won't, If I wanted to harm you, I would've done that a long time ago"- He stated, still smiling.

Why were they trusting each other so much? They were both Enemies, yet they treat one another as lovers.

As they go a bit deeper into water, that's when Y/N gets scared. Just when the water touches her stomach, she began freaking out. Dream looks down, seeing the scared figure trembling a bit. He ducks down to her eye level and whispers: " Hey..hey it's okay. If you're scared of me drowning you, it won't happen. You're safe with me"

Now wasn't that romantic. Sheesh.

Y/N nods her head, slowing her breathing and closing her eyes as they walk further. 

The water now reaches her upper chest, Dream still standing in front of her, leading her even further. When lake's water came to Clay's chest, Y/N clung to him as she couldn't reach the sand anymore.

"Do you trust me?"- Dream asked, looking at the girl.

"....I do.."- She says hesitantly, looking up to him.

He nods. Although she couldn't see, but he smiled, as he gained her trust. He puts his both hands on her waist, putting her in a laying  position. The girl beginning to splash the water with her legs, scared of the water.

Dream lays his hand below her stomach, letting her wiggle her legs. With one hand, he grabs her hand, gently motioning to make movements with them too. She does.

They slowly move forward, into the depths of the lake. As she gets tired, she slows her movement, becoming paranoid again. Clay gets her to put her hands on his shoulders and legs around his waist, holding her with his arms around her back.

They stare into each other.

Y/N's hands slowly move to the rim of his mask, gently lifting it. She could feel him tense up, but he didn't stop her. As soon as it was in her hands, she was met with deep green eyes, staring back at her. He smiles at her, as she continues to admire him.

"Did you caught your breath now?" - He asks, looking at her with a smile. She blushed a bit, nodding her head.

He lets his arms get a bit loser, as she gets back to swimming. He started wheezing as she started swimming, looking like a duck.

"What?" - She asks, trying to hide her smile but failing miserably.

"Get on my back." - He says, looking down to meet her eyes.

"What? Get on my back, I am bringing both of us to the surface" - He repeats, this time turning his back to her. She gets her hands on his shoulders, as he swiftly takes off, swimming to the surface.

Y/N's POV

'Why am I feeling like this? Why am I so vulnerable to an enemy.. why can't I just live a normal life, without wars. At peace. Maybe then, we would've met.. ' - I thought to myself. Maybe we can be more than enemies? Friends.. or more..?

My thoughts were shaken off, when Dream was already walking on the surface, with me on his back.

"Thank you for um... today."- I shyly say, hoping off of his back.

"Anytime, Y/N." - He smiles, now putting on his shirt and hoodie back on. Y/N doing the same.

After laying on the grass for a bit I turn to Dream, hesitant to ask but:

"Hey Dream... um want to meet here.. tommorow?"

He turns to face me. He smiles and ruffles my hair

"Sure. I'll see you tomorrow then."- He says, chuckling for the last time, getting up and walking away.

As I stood up, I heard him say one last thing "My name's Clay, Y/N."

Now I was blushing as hard as a tomato, running of home. When I was in my bed, I drifted off, with a smile on my face.

[1084 Words]