Chapter 5

A/N i have a very depressing plan for this so thanks Ruby for the idea (hehe). sorry its been so long since the last update!

-No ones pov-

Christina grinned around the campfire as she looked at four and tris snuggled together in the warm, cosy glow the fire emitted in the early evening twilight. Tobias had his arms locked around her, and tris was snuggled into his neck, fast asleep. Sometime she wished will was still alive, they would still be together, happy, in love. wiping a tear from her eye, she turned her attention away from the past.

"theyre soo cute!" she wispered to uriah, he smirked back at her, over his can of beans, but his fake smiles couldnt convince her. he's been bad recently, she thought to herself. since Zeke, and the storming, his drinking had gotten way,way worse. their seperate beds inside their tent were further apart, and empty liqour bottles littered his covers. it broke christinas heart to see him like that, and she wished somehow she could do something to help him, but she knew it would be too hard on her own. She had to remember, she had lost a loved friend and boyfriend, but he had lost a brother and she knew she'd be worse without her sister.

"I think I'm gonna go get some rest Christina. You okay out here with the too lovebirds?" Uriah smirked, facing her as he disrupted her thoughts. "You know, some day, when this is all over we should give zeke and will a proper funeral, a true dauntless send off to the bravest heroes I know." This shocked Christina, but at least he was speaking about them, so maybe things were getting better.
"Okay Uriah, I'm gonna go too. See you tomorrow! " She replied brightly after a moment. "You sleep well."

After they had left, that just left tris and four by the fire, tris kissed him on the cheek lovingly, before he said,
"You wanna go for a walk tris? It's not dark yet, and we can get the last of the sunset before bed. Plus, I'll beat you to the tree!" He set off running, and tris sprinted after him, though she couldn't match his pace. A few minutes later, when they had there breath back form the exertion, they sat, tobias' arm around tris, leaning against the tree.

A loud crash woke them form their nap, and they looked over to camp to  see a plane flying overhead, dropping firebombs on the shelter. Tris screamed, shooting up and trying to go help her friends, but tobias held her back. he knew that there would be no survivors from a planned attack, and they were incredibly lucky. both of them crying now, and tris's sobs shaking her thin frame, he held her against him as they slid sobbing to the ground.