Chapter 7

Tris pov
"Is this really necessary?" Is ask the doctor who is currently checking over my physical health. The government has given us an identity, new home and £10000 pounds in order to get set up. However, they need to check our health and make sure we are okay and we won't bring disease in.

"Sorry, but I have to do this!" Doctor Sam Nicholls says. She is in her mid twenties, and has long light brown hair tied back into a ponytail. Her face is slim, like her, and she's very kind.

"Now tris, physically you are fine, and your mental health is great, considering, but I need to take some bloods in order to see that internally you are okay!" She takes my blood, and walks away with them, allowing me to see what the room I am in is like. I am in a cubicle, with my bed in the middle and a machine that takes my pulse and other stuff next to me. It's very neat compared to the ones back home, and the specialist equipment tells me that we were deprived back in the factions.

Sam, my doctor, walks back in with the results in her hand, she looks slightly worried, but I brush it off my mind.
" So, now I have your bloods back, which were completely normal, I need a urine sample if that's okay. I have a sneaky suspicion of something, but this will check if I'm right or not. Then, you can get moved up to the ward, and we will get you and Tobias beds near each other. All sound okay?" She asks, and I nod. After about five minutes I give her the urine test, and she takes it away. She pulls the curtain around my bed and I get some sleep.

"Tris? Tris can you hear me?" I hear and open my eyes groggily. It's sam again, probably back with my results. I sit up, the blanket no longer covering my torso, and she moves the bed to a better angle for me.

"I have some news about your results." She says abruptly. My stomach clenches nervously and I grit my teeth.

"What is it?" I ask almost silently.

"Well, from your urine test we know now that you are 8 weeks pregnant..." She carries on with a talk about what happens next but I am oblivious. I stare at the wall blankly, my face contorting into a grimace as the world turns black.

When I wake up, my head is fuzzy, and it can hear a machine bleeping in the background. My hand caresses my stomach, feeling that it is a little enlarged. I'm just confused, how did I not notice this? Morning sickness I had none of, and I haven't noticed anything different about myself. I was very late, but I put that down to stress, besides I had never been regular anyway. I see Sam walking towards me, and she sits down gently in the chair next to me. Once again she helps me sit up so that I am upright comfortably.

"I'm sorry, what happened?"

"I think you fainted, it was probably a bit overwhelming, and you've had a hectic and very stressful couple of hours."
"So what now?"
"Well, presuming you want to keep the child?" I nod gingerly " right well is it okay for me to do an ultrasound, then we can know how the baby is?"
"Wow, erm yes. Wait, can you please get Tobias for me, he needs to know he's the father."
"Yeah, I'll get him and then well start. Do you want to tell him or shall I?"
"I will, he'll take it better that way."
"Okie dokie! Oh and congratulations by the way! I'm sure you'll both be amazing parents!"

She returns a moment later, with Tobias following anxiously behind her.
"Do you want me to give you guys a moment while I set up?" Sam says, and after I say yes she goes, patting my hand as she leaves.
"Wait, set up for what? Tris are you okay? Is something wrong? Oh I was so stupid if I've let you get hurt." He says, rambling an anxious torrent of words.
"Tobias, stop."
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, better than fine!" I grasp my hands nervously in my lap." I-I'm pregnant. We're pregnant!"
I watch his brow immediate furrow, and I'm about to say something before he leans over and kisses me joyfully.
"I am so glad this has happened tris, us raising a baby, our life is finally coming together.

Thirty minutes later, and the scan is done and we are discharged, I walk past reception, being lead by Emily, but it am stopped by Sam.
"Look, tris, I'm not meant to do this, but if you ever need a friend, call me. And I wish you and Tobias the .best of luck with getting settled in to your new life" she gave me her phone number, and out into the world we walked. Three of us together.