Chapter 2

Tris POV

"Four, are you in there?" I call into the the tent loudly. Nervous as I am, he wants to talk to me, so it must mean he's over the 'silence' part of our argument. Still, I don't call him Tobias, that name seems somehow different to his now. It stops it feeling like him, it feels like Tobias and Four are completely different people. I peer inside the tent, wondering where he is. There are three tents in the refuge, a male tent, a female tent (these are probably separated for obvious reasons) and a cooking/washing/laundry tent. Inside the male tent, the smell is a lot worse than our tent, lovely aromas of sweat - and worse - seem to slap you in the face from a 5m radius. The bunk beds are messily made, and clothes and belongings are scattered around the room. Its disgusting, yet strangely calming in a weird sort of way.

"T-Tris?" He calls out."Is that you? Come in, it's lovely in here!" He says sarcastically. I enter the room, my nose wrinkling at the smell and I ignore the strange looks as I pace across the floor towards Four. He smiles grimly at me, my heart flutters. He's making an effort not to upset me, being nice but I could see that the disappointment was there. I could see the pain and hurt in his eyes.

"So Four, what did you want to speak about?

"Look, lets go somewhere else to do this, it's not exactly private in here." gesturing towards the gathering audience.

"Yeah" I reply. F*ck, things are about to get awkward. Big time.

We walk towards a small patch of trees, out of place in the desert climate. Once we are inside them, the air changes from hot and dry, to thick and moist. Shrubs change to dense deciduous trees and strange plants. I feel my hands clench, my palms sweating, but not because of the heat. Four clears his throat awkwardly, breaking the silence. I sit on a small rock, and Four sits under a tree opposite me. He clasps my hands gently in front of me and sighs sadly.

"I, I trusted you Tris." He says dejectedly, his eyes drooping down sadly. I can't bear to see him like this. "Why, why Tris. Why would you betray me like that. I thought we were fine, you said, you said you were staying back at abnegation and you wouldn't come with us. I understood that, after shooting Wi-"

"Four!" I interrupt angrily. "Just stop please." I say quieter. "How will we get back to the way it was?" I sigh frustrated, running out of hope.

His face softens,"right now, yeah, we may be nothing, but I have a plan to make us better. You'll see, it'll all work out soon. I hope you can be with me again. He clears his throat again, I can feel his hands sweating.

"I may not say it often, but I love you Beatrice Prior."

"Four, no, Tobias Eaton, I think I might just love you too..."

He leans in slowly, and so do I. He grins, his lips pressing against mine, almost hurriedly. I grasp his hair, my arms around his neck, more confidently than the last times and kiss him harder. He responds by moving closer to me and steadily placing one hand on my cheek, the other on my waist. We move as one, it seems so right, and I put my hand up his grey shirt, tracing the tattoos on his back. He breathes heavier, suddenly urgent, clasping at my thin white shirt. He puts his hand slowly up the front of it, but I dont object. Instead, I press myself against him, feeling the curves of his body him feeling mine. He kisses my neck, leaving marks and I sigh loudly. I feel him smirk and he pulls away...

"Tris baby, not here in the woods," he says with a smirk."I love you."

"I love you too, F-Tobias." I reply and we walk back to the camp, hands around each other protectiveley.