𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰

tw: mentions of sexual assault/abuse/drugging

Y/N POV

Vinnie and I are both getting ready to go to my friend Jess's birthday party. She is turning nineteen and am really excited for her. We've been friends since 1st grade and she means so much to me. 

Vinnie is still in the shower so I head to the closet to pick out my party outfit. I want to go for something sexy because I know all the girls at the party will look amazing. I pick out this short red dress with a slit down the side and some heels. Vinnie loves this dress on me, but I know he'll be overprotective tonight because people will definitely be hitting on me.

I slip the dress on and touch up my makeup in the mirror. Just as I'm finishing, Vinnie steps out of the shower dripping wet and wraps a towel around his waist. Ugh he looks so fucking hot right now. "Babe you look amazing" he whispers in awe. "Thank you" I said while chuckling. 

"Damn" he says under his breath. "What?" I say back confused. "I'm definitely gonna have to fight someone tonight babe. I mean look at you. If I saw you in this dress I would hit on you too" he says licking his lips. 

"Shut up Vinnie" I say giggling. After he dries off he puts on a nice black shirt and pants along with some of his favorite rings and necklaces. And let me just say ff we didn't have a party to go to, my tongue would be down Vinnie's throat. He looks fineeee.

Before we head out to the car, Vinnie makes a quick tik tok showing off our outfits. After posting we walk out the door and hop into the Uber waiting for us. Vinnie whispers to me telling me to sit in the backseat with him. He is so clingy. 

As I look out the car window, watching the big houses and streets pass, Vinnie lightly strokes his fingers across my thigh. He continues to inch his hand up higher and higher almost reaching my panties. "Vinnie" I whine exhaling.

"Chill babe. Why are you so worked up?" he says through a smirk. I glare back at him while trying not to smile. He is such a tease, I can't take it.

...

After about 30 minutes of driving we arrive to the party. I thank the driver, and Vinnie holds the door open for me to exit the car. Right when I get out I see Jess standing outside the restaurant. "Hi! Oh my god happy birthday girl" I exclaim. I run up to her trying not to trip in my heels and give her a big hug.

"I'm so excited you could make it" she says muffled from my hug. I pull away and say "Of course. there was no way I was gonna miss my best friend's birthday." Vinnie and Jess both greet each other. 

We then walk into the restaurant to meet everyone else there. The restaurant is packed with Jess's friends and family. (There is no covid) I recognize a lot of faces, but there are also tons of people I don't know. 

Jess leaves to greet some other people, while Vinnie and I head to the bar. He orders both of us 2 virgin cocktails as we stand and talk. "You look so beautiful babe" he whispers looking me up and down. 

"Quit making me blush" I respond trying to avoid I contact. Vinnie knows I hate taking compliments, thats why he always tells me how pretty I look. "I'm ripping that off a soon as we get home" he mumbles while look at my dress. We both smirk at each other trying not to laugh.

...

After enjoying drinks for a while I'm ready to party. "I'm gonna go dance with Jess" I shout over the loud music. "Ok be safe" he says back. 

I pick up my drink and run over to Jess on the dance floor. We are having the time of our lives. Each song that comes on is even better than the last and I can't stop smiling. While I was bopping my head to the music, a guy had never seen before bumped into me. I chose to ignore it because it seemed like an accident.

Within a few minutes I started to feel sick and really tired. My vision was blurring and I felt so dizzy. Jess was gone.  Just when I thought I was going to collapse. A strong arm wrapped around my waist. I assumed it was Vinnie, because he always hugs me from behind.

 But as I was being ushered of the dance floor I heard him say "Don't worry I got you girl". It wasn't Vinnie's voice. Even If I am about to blackout I know Vinnie's voice. This wasn't him. That's when I realized this can't be happening. I've been drugged.

I tried to fight the guy off of me but I was too weak. I could barely stand on my own at this point, there is no way I can get this guy to let go.

 I try to call for help but he covers my mouth. He takes me behind the building into the dark alleyway. I'm so scared. Where is Vinnie? I need help. This can't be happening.

I continue to struggle until he shoves me against the brick wall. He kisses down my neck while I scream out for help. "Keep quite like a good girl" he grunts while trying to rip my dress off. 

"Help! Please! Help! Vinnie! Please Help! Get off me! Please stop!"

No matter what I say he won't stop. Tears are streaming down my face as he holds me down on the cement and tries to rip my panties off. "Vinnie!" I scream one last time out of breath.

Vinnie POV

I've been talking with Jordan all night while enjoying drinks. Y/N told me she was going to dance with jess a while ago and I'm starting to get worried. I head over to the dance floor, but can't find her anywhere.

I start to panic. I check behind the bar, in the bathrooms, everywhere. I'm freaking out. I hope she is okay, I don't know whats going on. As try to make my way to Jess and ask where y/n is, I hear someone scream my name from outside

It's y/n's voice. I rush outside to find y/n screaming on the ground with a guy on top of her. I tackle the man on top of her and shove him over so y/n can run away. She stumbles off the ground, and I see her underwear left on the sidewalk. 

Right at that moment I know what he's done. I pick up y/n and usher her behind me. 

I walk over to the man hunched over on the ground and punch him as hard as I can. Again, and again, and again. I mutter words in between blows. 

"Nobody" 

"Fucking" 

"Touches" 

"My" 

"Girl" 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

My knuckles are now bruised, dripping with blood. A red stream smeared across the pavement. A man laying near lifeless on the ground. And my girlfriend, traumatized forever.

Still out of breath I pick y/n up into my arms, and walk her away from the area as fast as I can. "You're safe now" I whisper tears filling my eyes. Once we are far enough away I sit her down on a bench. 

I crying at this point looking at all the bruises and scrapes covering my girlfriend's body. 

"Did he?" I stutter, not even able to make a complete sentence. "Almost" she says still out of breath.

I wrap my arms around her, and hold her tighter than I ever have. "I am so sorry babe. I should have stayed with you. I-" "It's not your fault Vinnie. I promise. I just need to get home"

...

Y/N POV

After running me a bath Vinnie cuddles me up in his bed, holding me tightly. Everything with the police was handled, now we just have to wait for them to get back to us.

We sit in silence for hours. Vinnie just holding me. I'm just too scared, too shaky , too drained, too everything for me to speak.

Vinnie kisses my forehead and shakily whispers "I'm never letting anything happen to you again" I close my eyes and rest my head on his chest, slowly drifting off to sleep.