𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

y/n pov

Vinnie has been having a hard time sleeping lately. I'll wake up to him talk in his sleep, saying things like "no stop! don't hurt her! please!"

His nightmares have gotten really scary. In the middle of the night I always feel him pull me close to him and hold me tight. We always cuddle in our sleep, but it's different now. It's like he is doing it because he is scared.

Right now its about 11:45 pm. Vinnie and I are cuddled up in his bed. He's been asleep for a  while. I feel Vinnie's face snuggled in the crook of my neck and his arm draped over my waist.

Just as I feel my eyes about to shut, Vinnie starts to shake. He lets go of me and ruffles around under his blanket. I can see sweat beginning to form on his forehead. 

He begins to mutter words under his breath. Each sentence growing louder and more violent.

"Please don't hurt her!" 

"I'll do anything"

"Take me instead please. I love her"

"I can't let anything happen to y/n"

"Please!"

I try to shake him awake. "Vinnie. Baby wake up" He finally opens his eyes. Tear's are rolling down Vinnie's face. His hands are ice cold, and this is this is the most scared I've seen him.

I pull him into my arms. He lays his head on my chest and I run my hands through his hair. "Baby are you okay?"

"I. I keep having this nightmare. This shadow tries to take you. I'm, I'm just scared of losing you baby. I love you so much and if anything ever happened to you I don't know what I would do."

I start to cry too. I hate that he feels this way. I love Vinnie so much and it kills me to see him this way. "Vinnie I'm right here. Nothing is gonna happen to me. I not going anywhere babe. I'm safe right her cuddled next to you Vinnie. I love you okay?"

He nods and holds me tightly. I run my hands up and down his shirtless back.

"I love you y/n"

"I love you more bub"