𝐛𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠

*this is a long one to make up for me not writing in forever😩

also everyone is talking about how i keep putting messy bun as the hairstyle for what y/n is wearing even though she is black. sorry is this is weird or confusing lmao. i'm black but my hair is always straightened so it goes in a messy bun but i'll try to write something that makes more sense.

and now that i'm getting back into writing for this book i'm going back and doing old request people have put on chapters :)

y/n's pov

For the past 3 months Vinnie has been training really hard for this tiktok vs youtube boxing match. He'll be fighting this guy named Deji. Bryce, Tayler, and Nate are also in the fight and I'm really nervous. I know Vinnie will do well, especially because of how hard he has worked but I'm still worried.

I know I'm gonna having a hard time watching the fight knowing he could get seriously hurt, but I have to be there to support him.

All of the posts on social media, the press conference, and the weigh ins have brought the tension to an all time high. Vinnie has really been the only one not talking trash or making things personal with the other influencers.

Right now I'm waiting for Vinnie to get back to the hotel after training. We've been in Miami for the past few days to prep for the fight.

About 30 minutes pass and I finally hear the sound of the door key unlocking the room door. I look up from my phone and see Vinnie looking hotter than ever.

Beads of sweat rest on his forehead. His damp hair softly falls over his face and I can see his new back tattoo peeking over his shoulder under his t shirt. 

"Hey babe how was sparring?" I ask getting up to meet him

He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his head in my neck. He places a small kiss behind my ear. 

"It was alright. I'm just so nervous. This Deji guy has way more experience than I do and- I just don't want you to have to watch me get my ass kicked"

Vinnie pulls away and looks into my eyes with a sad expression. 

"Hey. First off Deji is the one that is gonna get his ass kicked not you. You have worked and trained really hard for this, you proved that at the weigh in. I love you so much and I believe in you, but I need you to believe in yourself too. And if for some reason you don't win, I'm not gonna think about you any differently. Ok?"

"Ok. I love you" he whispers.

______ time skip ______

"Alright Vinnie you're up in 10" I hear a crew member shout.

I'm backstage with Vinnie, all of his trainers, and the rest of the Tiktokers in the fight. Maria and Reggie are already in their seats just outside the ring waiting for Vinnie to walk out.

Vinnie turns to me and wraps his arms around my waist. We can't exactly hug like normal because he's already got his hands wrapped up with gloves on but it's still comforting. 

"You're gonna do great. I love you" I whisper before placing a soft kiss on my lips

"I love you too. I'll try not to mess up my face too bad" we both chuckle as I pull away from the hug but he pulls be back tight.